The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But just to redress the balance . . .

+10
kaspian
groundhog
Paulmold
Quilter
Dave 418
Bobskate
peugeotboxer
rogerblack
bikeralw
Gromit
14 posters

Go down

But just to redress the balance . . .  Empty But just to redress the balance . . .

Post by Gromit Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:32 pm

I had a cheap air compressor delivered from Amazon on Saturday, but unfortunately it was faulty. (£122 so not peanuts either)

Yesterday (Sunday) I applied for a return and printed off the label, packed it up etc.

This morning it was collected just after 10.00am, and a couple of minutes ago (1.25pm) I had an email to say that the refund is being paid back to my credit card account.

And all during the Covid crisis which must be making things difficult for both Amazon and Hermes, the carriers.

Brilliant service. Certainly gives confidence for dealing with Amazon.  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

But just to redress the balance . . .  Empty Re: But just to redress the balance . . .

Post by bikeralw Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:54 pm

To add to this, at the beginning of the month I ordered a part for a Baikal air gun from the manufacturer in The Russian Federation.
The tracking info has just updated to say it's due to be delivered tomorrow.
Credit where it's due.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

But just to redress the balance . . .  Empty Re: But just to redress the balance . . .

Post by rogerblack Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:16 pm

I use Amazon (Prime) very regularly, as our nearest big DIY/hardware & electrical stores are some distance away. I have always found their customer service to be first class and have also been particularly impressed with their response on the odd occasion when parts arrive damaged, incorrect or not as expected.

Despite the warnings on their website about possibly longer delivery times for non-essential items, I have found deliveries to be almost as quick as usual.

I wish they'd start a bank, as they could teach them a thing or two about customer service levels.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:29 pm

We ordered a new washing machine on Easter Monday afternoon. 
It arrived on Wednesday morning.......all the way from Wakefield!

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:32 pm

Must admit I try to give others a chance and avoid Amazon who seem to be talking over the world. Last week I wanted some replacement blades for my Philips electric shaver. I tried to order on the Philips website and it froze several times after I had pumped in all the data for opening an account. Grrrr. I think the only thing they didn’t ask for was my inside leg measurement. Amazon had the blades in stock. Two pound cheaper... a couple of clicks and it was ordered for delivery on Sunday. On Sunday morning I had a confirmation message saying it was on its way. Around noon I heard the letter box make a noise. I was expecting it to be junk mail maybe. Low and behold my phone pinged.....”Your Amazon order had been delivered” Went to the porch and there it was! As you say, credit where credit is due.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:19 pm

I have used Amazon Ptime quite a lot over the years and only had one hiccup.
I bought a solar panel for our fountain, arrived within 48 hrs, it was faulty. Amazon were quick to sort out returning and re-fund. I had to print off a label and take it to the post office . There was no return address just a bar code. Unfortunately the post office couldn’t read the code so I had to go back home and contact Amazon. This time they gave another return label with an address on it. 
I didn’t know the couriers collected returns, that was probably what the bar code I got was for.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:34 pm

I buy a lot of books for my Kindle. I usually download the sample first. As the Try A Sample button is just below the Buy Now button it’s not unknown for me to end up buying when I meant to try. 

Amazon have a Bought in Error button and this brings an instant refund back onto your card with all the paperwork by email arriving moments later. Impressive, especially as it works even when you have downloaded the book to your device.

I wish they were running deliveries for a certain high street health food shop who have had my order now since 30 th March and so far it hasn’t left the warehouse.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:50 pm

I use Amazon only occasionally and don't subscribe to Prime. Most items I have ordered show as eligible for free delivery but when I get to checkout it shows a delivery charge and I have to use a drop-down menu to alter the delivery time from next day (chargeable) to 4 day which is free as I'm not it a great hurry. Always the item arrives in 2 days not the 4 expected. So I've learnt never to pay for express delivery from Amazon.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:01 pm

Another endorsement for amazon prime, staggering how quickly some of the items arrive!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:06 pm

Gromit wrote:
And all during the Covid crisis which must be making things difficult for both Amazon and Hermes, the carriers.

Brilliant service. Certainly gives confidence for dealing with Amazon.  up!
   If only Amazon did PPE......Don't mention this to the bungling buffoons as this might just solve their current issues with regard to the logistics of delivering (non existent ? )   PPE......  I ordered some spare parts from south England at 8.45 pm . Parts arrived next day at 15.00 with free delivery. Four hundred + miles , cant complain.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Traficlady Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:21 am

To a point they do PPE. There are plenty of masks and gloves on Amazon although a lot, even on Prime, won’t be delivered until the end of May.

Nora

Female

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 am

I'm not a prime member (no matter how they try to trick us into ticking the box Whistle1) but the service from Amazon has always been good. Free delivery is usually given with a delivery date about 5 days away and most often the items arrive sooner. I ordered a few things a couple of weeks ago and free delivery was set, unusually, at 10 days hence and that's how long it took. My assumption was the delay was due to the current situation coupled with the Easter break. No problems with the company (although I will resist a trip to see their warehouse snigger) but the jury is still out on it's owner.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:18 am

Dave 418 wrote:.....I had to print off a label and take it to the post office . There was no return address just a bar code. Unfortunately the post office couldn’t read the code so I had to go back home and contact Amazon. This time they gave another return label with an address on it...
Its my understanding that the Post Office is reluctant, perhaps not even to accept, non-essential items for postage. Recently, ebay promised me of a refund for a faulty purchased item if it was returned by the 6th May. The trouble is, the print-off address label they provided me with is for the Post Office. Will it go or will it stay I'm thinking!

Last edited by MelB on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spelling)
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : KEMERTON

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:43 am

Even in these peculiar times I don't think Royal Mail can not attempt to deliver a parcel once they have accepted it for delivery.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Quilter wrote:Even in these peculiar times I don't think Royal Mail can not attempt to deliver a parcel once they have accepted it for delivery.
You might be right Quilter. I will after bite the bullet, take the parcel to the Post Office and see if they will accept it. The man behind the counter, I've been told, is not a friendly chap.
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : KEMERTON

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 pm

What amazes me about Amazon is their service. They do have a few warehouses here in the North West but they still want some beating.  

Last few items bought (not on Prime) ordered Sunday arrived Monday, which to me beats getting the car out and visiting stores or sheds.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:20 pm

When we're dahn sarf in Berkshire we sometimes get things the same evening, if we order early enough in the day.  Some items are also available on 2 hour delivery in certain areas.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum