The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement bulbs for my Broadway

+2
burlingtonboaby
gpilky
6 posters

Go down

Replacement bulbs for my Broadway Empty Replacement bulbs for my Broadway

Post by gpilky Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:45 pm

I have recently taken position of a 2017 Broadway EB and I'm putting together all the bits and pieces I might need. I want to carry a spare set of bulbs for the lights but I'm surprised to find that there is no mention in the AS manual as to the bulb specifications or how to replace them. The Peugeot manual for the base vehicle does have information, so its only the AS lights I'm missing.

Does anyone have a list of bulb types / wattages for the bulbs fitted? Also, how do you removed the lease covers (the round ones) on the lights at the rear of the vehicle?

Thanks for your help.

Gary
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Replacement bulbs for my Broadway Empty Re: Replacement bulbs for my Broadway

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:02 pm

Hi Gary
Welcome to the forum from sunny Bridlington ,you should get some advice soon.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Your lights may be tungsten filaments or may be LED. If the former then the indicators, brake lights, rear fog and reversing light will be 21W while the tail lights will be 5W. As far as I remember tail and brake are separate units but if not then you will need to check whether the combined 21W/5W Brake/tail bulbs have offset pins to avoid them being inserted the wrong way round.
Also, as far as I remember to replace the bulbs you get underneath the rear skirt, doing it from there - but I may be wrong. The bulbs are the standard car bayonet cap, not the small ones which are normally only used for up to 5W.
All marker lights, front and rear, are 5W capless (if tungsten) and are accessed by removing 2 screws.
If the 2017 models had LED then they are not replaceable - it's a new lamp unit. However, if they are LED then I would expect several LED's and you don't have to carry spares as they are only considered defective (MOT fail) if more than half the LED's are out.
Hope that helps, not near my vat at the moment.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:58 pm

If your round rear lights are the same as my round rear lights on my 2015 Nuevo, you simply insert a small flat screwdriver under the lens where there is a small slot, push the screwdriver a little bit upwards to release the stainless steel spring and prize it outwards from the body. Then just pull the bayonet bulb out with a twist. If they are LEDs then they last probably longer than you will. I doubt that you would have LED bulbs in the round lenses, they cost more and that would be very unusual in any vehicle, and A/S would certainly not spend extra on anything if they could get it for a halfpenny less
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Thanks 'gassy gassy'. Sounds about right to me. I'll take another look and perhaps give it a try...... G
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gpilky Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:21 pm

The lights are as described. I managed to get one off, but the others don't seem to budge. Perhaps I haven't got the knack of it - hope I don't have to change a bulb in a hurry......
gpilky
gpilky

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:23 am

Study the one you have taken off and you will see what direction you need to push the stainless steel spring thingy to release the lens. It may just be that the lens has stuck in place a bit from being there a couple of years. Don't crack it though!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by natmat Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:00 pm

gassygassy wrote:Study the one you have taken off and you will see what direction you need to push the stainless steel spring thingy to release the lens.
I had to check some bulbs myself tonight (they illuminate, but the dash reports warning).
... 1/2 hour later and I've only managed to extract one lamp.

From looking the extracted lens, I can see two prongs on the upper edge, which hook under upper edge of the hole/cutout in the bodywork.

Therefore to remove the lens, I must push/force the metal spring in a certain way, such that the lens can be pushed down enough to allow the prongs to be clear of the upper cutout.

Sadly, this is defeating me. It's dark now but I shall persevere and try again tomorrow.
natmat
natmat

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:08 pm

Here are some tips which I've collected from the Forum:

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/47258-unicorn-rear-road-lights/

Push a flat screwdriver into the recess at the base of the light.
Gently prise the bottom of the light unit out whilst pulling in a downward movement on the top of the light.
The complete unit will now pull away from the rear panel
To refit is simply the reversal of the removal.

I found that you don't just push the metal clip up, you need to get the tip of the screw driver behind the clip and then lever out, so that you are pulling the clip out and not just the plastic light. There is a tang on the end of the clip. Also you can turn the light to get better access

I think the hole is too tight, its frustrating, as i always like to smear silicon grease over new lights, to prevent corrosion.

Push the metal clip in then try sliding the whole light fitting towards the metal clip so the two plastic lugs opposite the metal clip can release. Sounds worse than it is. Be careful not to break anything!

For a tip, wrap insulation tape around the screwdriver you're using and it helps prevent scratching of the paintwork you're prising against

Ps: if you find a good method to replace those rear bulbs, please share it!!!

Cymro

Last edited by Cymro on Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ps added)
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

natmat likes this post

Back to top Go down