The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does everything pack up at the same time

5 posters

Go down

Why does everything pack up at the same time Empty Why does everything pack up at the same time

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:54 pm

Excluding the motorhome, general house hold items replaced within 6 months .
microwave.
Electric kettle 
Gas central heating boiler 
Dyson vacuum 
External PIR security lights,
Had to replace wee car last month, pre MOT inspection highlighted serval faults.

Anyone else had household burn outs.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Why does everything pack up at the same time Empty Re: Why does everything pack up at the same time

Post by Paulmold Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:48 pm

New washing machine being delivered on Monday. They don't last, do they, only had old one 30 years, yes 30 years, a Hoover, bet the new one will be lucky to reach 3 years.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Why does everything pack up at the same time Empty Re: Why does everything pack up at the same time

Post by modelman Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:32 pm

You're not alone Bob, washing machine self-destructed itself on spin last week, new one.
Both actuators on gates packed up, yet to be sorted. New ones required.
Roller door on one of the garages keeps stopping & 'beeping' at me, yet to be sorted.
On of the metal melting pots  developed a fault causing the main house consumer unit to 'pop'  New consumer unit AND pot &  controller at great expense.
Expensive sat-box ( from Germany ) kept 'searching for satellite' by moving the dish, manufacturers & importers didn't want to know, so I bought a UK made Technomate
 (1/4 the cost ) & it works fine!!

Boiler diverter-valve threw a wobbly & several new parts to sort it.
Oh yeh, managed to strip the thread on my toothpaste tube. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:42 pm

Paulmold wrote:New washing machine being delivered on Monday. They don't last, do they, only had old one 30 years, yes 30 years, a Hoover, bet the new one will be lucky to reach 3 years.
Our washing machine on Bute lasted 16 years (soft water)  it was a Hoover too , packed up within a week of installing here, our current one, a Bosch has lasted 14 years ,so far.
Bet it packs up this week.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:51 pm

modelman wrote:You're not alone Bob, washing machine self-destructed itself on spin last week, new one.
Both actuators on gates packed up, yet to be sorted. New ones required.
Roller door on one of the garages keeps stopping & 'beeping' at me, yet to be sorted.
On of the metal melting pots  developed a fault causing the main house consumer unit to 'pop'  New consumer unit AND pot &  controller at great expense.
Expensive sat-box ( from Germany ) kept 'searching for satellite' by moving the dish, manufacturers & importers didn't want to know, so I bought a UK made Technomate
 (1/4 the cost ) & it works fine!!

Boiler diverter-valve threw a wobbly & several new parts to sort it.
Oh yeh, managed to strip the thread on my toothpaste tube. hugegrins
Looks like you have had to put your hand into your pockets too Lawrie    hugegrins      Forgot to mention we had to replace the TV two months ago (early Christmas present)
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Why does everything pack up at the same time Empty It never rains....

Post by RML Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:48 am

2 days before the Portsmouth ferry the electric step stopped working, but not the buzzer and I'll come back to that, so I lashed it up. The day before the Portsmouth ferry the van battery was dead. The morning of the Portsmouth ferry the battery was changed and we drove to Portsmouth with the buzzer on all the way. Arrived at Portsmouth and the fridge wasn't working on 12v and the display panel indicated a flat van battery. Do we get on the ferry with all these problems, yes we do. Got off the ferry and drove to the nearest Aire with the buzzer still on. Found the buzzer and pulled a wire off. Tested the van battery and all ok but found a 20a fuse gone. Replaced it and the fridge came on, looked at the panel and van battery healthy. Emailed Electroblok for advice. Now in Bonterra Park the weather is warm and all is well apart from the step.
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:42 am

Not exactly gone wrong, but last year we discovered we had one of the dreaded self-combusting Hotpoint dryers. We were informed on their website to unplug it immediately, despite it performing faultlessly for the last 5 years. First we were offered £50 towards another machine, then the option of an engineer to come out and install updated parts, eventually after pressure from the government the parent company had to replace millions of machines with new ones, all very time consuming.
Now we hear the same thing is going to happen with our Hotpoint washing machine which we purchased at the same time as the dryer. Another load of hassle when we return to the UK in March.. But at least we'll eventually have two free laundry machines.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down