The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ill health decision

+10
orchard
burlingtonboaby
KMRTOPAZ
steamdrivenandy
daisy mae
Bad Penny
Torbaytimber
Paulmold
Roopert
constable
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ill health decision - Page 2 Empty Re: Ill health decision

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:47 pm

steamdrivenandy wrote:The Pulsar's GRP roof and it's joint between the removed low metal roof may mean that the roof lockers can only be fitted above the joint. The factory steel roofed hightop vans will not have a seam so low down and roof lockers may extend lower down the side.

I may be wrong but I understood the current Pulsar to be built on the high top van rather than have a GRP roof. confused3
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:26 pm

I don't think any van maker has ever produced a 5m long van with anything but a low roof. Certainly the HU Cavarno's and Innovations of 4.987m length were all built on Transits where the roof was removed at gutter height and a custom-made GRP roof fitted, tall enough to allow 6ft 5ins headroom inside.

If you look at the Wildax Pulsar on their website it has a GRP roof and it's mostly noticeable at the rear where the shapes are quite clearly not Sevel steel.

I suspect my Innovation 3, which is built on an L2H3 (i.e medium wheelbase high roof) at 5.2m long is the shortest factory steel high roofed van around. The nearest Sevel got to that is the 5.4m used for the A/S Symbol.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:15 pm

Thanks, SDA, the Pulsar is indeed built on the Citroen Relay L1H1 as standard. My apology if I misled.

The only ones I’ve seen in the flesh have been on the Fiat Ducato auto and I felt sure they were built on the H3.shrugg
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:59 pm

That surprised me, Fiat do do an L1H3, though there's no H2. 

It's 6ft 4ins internally, but that's from metal floor to metal roof. With an insulated floor and insulated roof the headroom would probably reduce to 6ft 2ins or 6ft 3ins. Maybe Duncan Wildman, who's pretty tall, doesn't consider that enough height and commissioned the GRP roof for his preferred Citroen version of the X250. Mind such roofs aren't cheap to have made and must be more expensive than a factory steel version from Fiat. Maybe if the customer isn't tall and they want to save a few bob they build it on a Fiat.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Who knows, and I can’t swear that the vans I saw were H3. I thought they were but I might be a totally wrong.

Clearly the attraction of the Fiat is the auto box which might gain more popularity with the new 9 speed TC box.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2