The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sargent Electrical Customer Services

+4
Eltel
Paulmold
PLOUGHLIN
CC
8 posters

Go down

Sargent Electrical Customer Services Empty Sargent Electrical Customer Services

Post by CC Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:57 am

Recently purchased a new Sargent power supply and control panel and the control panel is acting up, its not a big deal but the text is going off centre as in photo link. if i power off then back on then the text re centres. 

They have requested I return to them for inspection and repair. I told them i would prefer a new replacement panel being sent out but they say they do not offer this kind of warranty as its a repair only warranty? Does anyone know my rights regarding this?

https://servimg.com/view/19498062/9

Last edited by CC on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Sargent Electrical Customer Services Empty Re: Sargent Electrical Customer Services

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:10 am

I think you have to give the supplier chance to repair an article before out right rejection.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Sargent Electrical Customer Services Empty Re: Sargent Electrical Customer Services

Post by Paulmold Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 am

I think the phrase is 'repair or replace at their discretion'.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 pm

That really sucks because if it has to go back we cant use the motorhome until the replacement is back with us, did request they send out a new panel and arrange to collect the faulty panel, but no go as far as they are concerned, doesn't sound too unreasonable to me? 

Might even order a new control panel & then reject the faulty panel under the “Consumer Contracts Regulation’ but haven't had time to look into this properly, as its purchased online don't you have 14days to return for any reason?

Incidentally has anyone else experienced their control panel not showing text in the centre like in photo? It only does this after a while not permanently so could even live with it, however it also affects things like the fresh water alarm not sounding when low or close to 0% as we discovered while at Malvern so probably best to get it sorted, not what you expect from Sargent but then again from talking to others it seems the Sargent gear is nothing spectacular & our power supply failing with such little use is not a great advert for them. 

Never understand manufacturers in situations like this why they don't just say we will get another panel out to you  shrugg

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:07 pm

Have you tried a hard reset? Either remove the fuses on the PSU or pull the plugs on the back of the Control Panel. Might work.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:38 pm

Surely if it is a new purchase and does not work correctly.

It is the then deemed  “not fit for purpose” and as I understand a legal requirement they refund your money, or replace it 

Did you purchase as new, and was it purchased direct from Sergeant

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:11 pm

Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:56 am

Sargent are sending out a courier to collect the faulty control panel today, they hope to have it back to me for 7-10 days 

Luckily I tried the previously fitted control panel and that appears to work just fine, was told by Sargent I would need to change the control panel as I replaced the Sargent power supply EC325 for the EC328 

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:11 pm

You may have found it already, but IIRC there is an option in the "hidden" setup menu on the control panel to tell it whether it is connected to a 325 or a 328.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Roopert wrote:You may have found it already, but IIRC there is an option in the "hidden" setup menu on the control panel to tell it whether it is connected to a 325 or a 328.

Hi Roopert... Have no idea how to access the "Hidden" setup menu your refer to but intrigued to know of it, what's the sequence to access it please?

Sargent's courier collected the faulty panel at 10am this morning so can't criticise them for hanging around once agreed it had to go back, will see how long it takes and the outcome.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:57 pm

Press & hold up/down arrows together until it beeps, then up or down to go through menu.

When I changed from 325 to 328 my original CP would not work so had to buy the updated one, probably depends on the software version of the CP.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:20 am

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try allthumbz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:09 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:Press & hold up/down arrows together until it beeps, then up or down to go through menu.

But remember you have to make sure you do this on the logo screen, otherwise you just stand there waiting for something to happen.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Thanks for the tip, not had a chance to check on the current panel yet as been so busy, surprised this information is not written in the Technical Help Section (if you're reading Roger) as I had no idea about any of this till Roopert initially mentioned it.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 pm

There is no such facility on my EC325 and I've not heard mention of it on the EC328. First time I came across it was with EC500. Maybe a newer software version allows reverse switching from 328 to 325?
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:40 pm

Yes - I seem to recall that's the case. I ~think~ it was present in V2.20, but probably not in earlier versions.

On mine (EC328B with V2.22) the procedure is to go to the system summary screen (there is no logo screen on mine) and then hold in the left arrow button for 5 seconds.

If you don't need to access it, don't mess with it, because you can lock yourself out with an over-temp alarm if you choose the wrong setting (I know, because I've just done it - again!).
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Yes I can do that with version 2.20, not that I need too.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down