The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surely our luck must change

4 posters

Go down

Surely our luck must change Empty Surely our luck must change

Post by steamdrivenandy Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:50 pm

Back in March we viewed a bungalow in an area we'd like to move to to downsize. The bung wasn't a suitable layout for us but the seller suggested that her near neighbour was thinking of selling and her place might suit us better. It did, it was fabulous, just what we were looking for. We agreed a price with the seller and set about trying to sell our place. 

The market was dead, two viewings in two months. The lady selling us the bungalow went out and found herself somewhere to move to and after a while was put under pressure to put 'our' bungalow on the market with an agent. Within days she'd accepted an offer. 

The weeks went by and still we'd had little interest. Then we noticed 'our' bungalow was back on the market. Apparently the potential buyer had disappeared and the agent couldn't get hold of them. Our elation was short lived as another buyer came along within days and snapped it up. 

Meanwhile, as we can't find anywhere suitable to buy, we've removed our house from the market.

The house saga sort of links with our motorhome search. Having decided that a Talisman would suit I started searching about 3 weeks ago. There was an '05 with cab aircon for sale at a dealer about 40 miles from home. We were away at the time but I advised the dealer of our interest and resolved to visit as soon as we returned home. I guess I should have phoned but I was confident the dealer would let me know if the van sold. When I arrived though, I was told it had sold.

Since then I've been scouring the ads almost hourly hoping another aircon Talisman will turn up.

Then on Friday a local friend heard of our search and said someone she knew was selling a Talisman that had a roof aircon unit plus inverter. I thought that would do for our purposes, so asked our friend if she could get more info. As it happened our friend was due to meet the owner and others yesterday, so we spent the whole day on tenterhooks, but heard nothing.

This morning, at breakfast we got a brief message from her. The van sold yesterday evening.

Sigh!

Sometime our luck must change, mustn't it?
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Surely our luck must change Empty Re: Surely our luck must change

Post by daisy mae Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:56 am

I am a big believer i fate, your turn will come when the time is right. Have hope and everything will turn out.

Best regards,
Margaret.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by hillhead Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 pm

I had an A class Hymer with roof aircon and inverter. Horrible thing, weighed about 35kilo which was too much stuck right on the roof and never seemed to work very well at either cooling or heating. Took it off and sold it on ebay and the van handled much better on roundabouts afterwards.
hillhead
hillhead

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by RML Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:05 pm

In 2014 while out marshalling on the Tour de France in Yorkshire our water pump failed so we called in to a dealer near Nottingham to get it replaced. While there we saw our perfect new van but weren't in a position to change then. At the Western Show, later in the year, that very van was on display so we gave it the once over and kicked the tyres. Over a bottle of wine, perhaps not a good idea, we decided to do the deal and went back but it was sold. The search went on. Fast forward to April 2017 and at a loose end we went to our local dealer at Highbridge to kick some tyres again. A salesman approached and although they had nothing we liked I told him the make and model we were looking for. He said they have that very van comng in next week as a trade-in and it had a higher spec than the first one we saw at only 12 months old. That was it, we did a great deal and we've owned it ever since, it was only traded in because the owners had trouble accessing the single beds and wanted a low double instead. My view is that patience is usually rewarded so don't give up.
Rich..
RML
RML

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Ex - Gatcombe
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down