The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The demise of the scone?

+7
JandJ
rogerblack
Heanorboy
burlingtonboaby
RML
nuevoboy
Askit
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The demise of the scone? - Page 2 Empty Re: The demise of the scone?

Post by JulianWW Wed May 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Each to their own I suppose but I cannot comprehend how proper clotted cream can be spread over wobbly, gooey strawberry preserve. The jam would need a consistency similar to Marmite!  Now that's a thought. Scone with Marmite. And there lies the problem of the modern age. As a 1950's baby I was regularly given a piece of bread & butter with Marmite on when sucking was the only option. I wish the feckless youths kicking the litter bin to death over the road had benefited from Marmite fingers.
JulianWW
JulianWW

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by crisp Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am

Of course the correct way is butter, then jam, then clotted cream. None of that weak watery stuff. And I am fed up with the Devon/Cornwall argument because I am Devonian and eat in the called Cornish way. Nonsense.
crisp
crisp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu May 09, 2019 6:01 pm

Definitely jam first with Cornish clotted cream on top is the only way in this part of the country. Anything else is considered treason.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu May 09, 2019 6:04 pm

JulianWW wrote:Each to their own I suppose but I cannot comprehend how proper clotted cream can be spread over wobbly, gooey strawberry preserve. The jam would need a consistency similar to Marmite!  Now that's a thought. Scone with Marmite. And there lies the problem of the modern age. As a 1950's baby I was regularly given a piece of bread & butter with Marmite on when sucking was the only option. I wish the feckless youths kicking the litter bin to death over the road had benefited from Marmite fingers.

Spread it? You don’t spread clotted cream, my ansum, you puts it on in a great big dollop.allthumbz
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2