The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fridge vent covers

+10
ajrm
Paulmold
Greyhound
Bad Penny
Dbvwt
RML
Libraryman2
RogerThat
raymondo
Suppersready
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fridge vent covers - Page 2 Empty Re: Fridge vent covers

Post by Suppersready Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:04 pm

Yes makes perfect sence Paramedic ... A slight off topic change although still related. Does anyone know if covers are available for what I think are the round microwave vents that are located above the fridge top vent ? I have what can only be described as a gale force icy blast coming from the cupboard above the microwave !

Regards Niall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 pm

Doonhamer5 wrote:The fastenings on our covers aren’t good, so we need to replace them.  I had the bottom cover fitted on the recent trip - but not the top one as I couldn’t get it to stay on - and the fridge worked fine.  We removed it when we reached warmer temperatures and then forgot to replace it.  I don’t know if there is any connection, but when we reached sub zero temperatures again, the fridge was struggling to fire up on gas, and ended up stopping working on gas altogether.  It’s now in for repairs.

I intend to get replacement covers but may not use the top cover - not sure it makes sense to do so.

Are these what you need, vent cover fastenings. Petterson-Brown-Kelly-Plummer-Vinson Syndrome

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See link above for microwave vent cover
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:52 pm

They look like a good fix Peter .... I’ll measure to check for size.
Thank you   Niall.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Doonhamer5 Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:44 am

PLOUGHLIN wrote:
Doonhamer5 wrote:The fastenings on our covers aren’t good, so we need to replace them.  I had the bottom cover fitted on the recent trip - but not the top one as I couldn’t get it to stay on - and the fridge worked fine.  We removed it when we reached warmer temperatures and then forgot to replace it.  I don’t know if there is any connection, but when we reached sub zero temperatures again, the fridge was struggling to fire up on gas, and ended up stopping working on gas altogether.  It’s now in for repairs.

I intend to get replacement covers but may not use the top cover - not sure it makes sense to do so.

Are these what you need, vent cover fastenings. Petterson-Brown-Kelly-Plummer-Vinson Syndrome

I had assumed that - given the way things work nowadays where everything is sold in packages - it wouldn’t be possible to buy them separately.  I now see that it is possible - thanks.  Now just need to find somewhere that sells them that doesn’t charge extra postage for Scotland sensored1
Doonhamer5
Doonhamer5
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:56 am

Doonhamer5 wrote:
PLOUGHLIN wrote:

I had assumed that - given the way things work nowadays where everything is sold in packages - it wouldn’t be possible to buy them separately.  I now see that it is possible - thanks.  Now just need to find somewhere that sells them that doesn’t charge extra postage for Scotland sensored1

The link in my post seems to have come out wrong, some thing I was looking up earlier. This is a proper link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Doonhamer5 Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:21 pm

Thanks!
Doonhamer5
Doonhamer5
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 pm

Almost as important is the direction of the wind on the van. If blowing directly on the van side it can choke the vents and prevent flow. An awning obviously has an effect as would a skirt if opposite the wind. The "cleanest" direction is nose or tail to the wind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2