The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panto season

5 posters

Go down

Panto season Empty Panto season

Post by Askit Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:32 pm

I ordered a couple of items from a branch of Currys to be delivered to the store yesterday for collection today. A confirmation email of the arrangement was promised although none arrived.

Rather than taking the chance of the goods being in store, given that It's several miles away, I thought I would give them a call first. Well, they don't have direct phone lines so it was a a call to their "team knowhow" HQ instead. After 20 minutes holding I spoke to a "colleague" and informed her of the nature of my enquiry. Order number, name and postcode were given and she asked for the name of the store. No, she said, we don't have a store there. I spell the name, no, still can't find a store of that name. I relate the full store name, address and postcode, with full spelling. No joy.

After being put on hold, she came back and said, did you mean xxx xxx. Yes, I said. She says she needs to ring the store to check what's happening so I get put on hold again. 5 minutes pass before she tells me they're not answering (black Friday issues apparently) but she promises to keep trying and call me back. Ok I said.

She says, sorry I've lost the screen.....can I have your order number, name and postcode again   shrugg

Will she make a return call, oh no she won’t   snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Panto season Empty Re: Panto season

Post by rogerblack Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:51 pm

I only made the mistake of trying to buy from Currys once - never again. 
I then found the same item in John Lewis at the same price, with longer warranty at no extra cost (Currys seemed more interested in selling a costly warranty extension than knowing anything about the goods) and the ability to choose a delivery slot to suit my needs. They kept me in touch all the way, delivered as promised, installed as required, job done.  

I've used JL several times since and not been disappointed.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Roger, JL gave us the complete run around on an item bought on their click and collect service. Not only did they send the wrong item, they never had the right one despite advertising it on their web pages. I was left to do all the running to get a refund for their mistake, with no apology from them whatsoever.

Back at the ranch, as predicted, there has been no phone call from Currys, no email, smoke signals or even a message on a pigeon twiddle_thumbs I went back to the store this afternoon (as it was on route to another we were visiting) to be told the goods had not arrived yet. Did they have any idea when they would.......of course not. The very pleasant assistant could see I was less than happy at the delay, so he suggested I might like to contact their customer services at "team knowhow" rolleyes

I declined content

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Careful Tony.

People in your situation have been known to go round in ever decreasing circles until they disappear up their own exhaust pipe!!!  lol4   Whistle1
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Gromit wrote:Careful Tony.

People in your situation have been known to go round in ever decreasing circles until they disappear up their own exhaust pipe!!!  lol4   Whistle1

I’m still relaxed as the items were not required urgently.

It does seem rather humorous though that a store dealing in new technology has no direct email address for customers or a telephone line you can call them on  shrugg

Guess how many stars they will get when I review my purchase  hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:13 pm

Heather has had a "fun" time with M&S recently. Hearing that her favourite shoes are likely to go off sale soon she decided to buy some now to be delivered to our local BP petrol station which has an M&S Food section. As the sizes of shoes are not consistent she ordered several pairs each in various sizes. As the email notifying her that they had arrived hadn't been received two days after the expected date she went to the shop. Surprise surprise, they were there and available for her to take.

At this point she can check which size fits and take the others back to a proper M&S store. When we got there they couldn't be refunded because they hadn't yet been collected(!) from the petrol station.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:47 pm

dbroada wrote:
When we got there they couldn't be refunded because they hadn't yet been collected(!) from the petrol station.
Don't worry - if they have not been collected within a week or so they will be returned (not sure how!) and your card will be refunded.
What were the other sizes?   snigger

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:08 pm

The plot thickens. I emailed Currys customer services on Wednesday morning, having heard nothing about our order. I immediately got..........well, nothing, zilch, silence shrugg

I went back to the store today to find the goods had still not arrived and they had no idea where they were. They had to phone their own customer services to find out where the order was. They were dispatched but “disappeared” so the conclusion was “lost in transit” (that’s Christmas sorted for somebody  biggrin). They have reordered the goods and we should be able to pick them up in a few days.

Nope, I don’t believe it either   content

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Anyone taking bets on whether you get charged twice . . .  rolleyes  snigger

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:37 pm

rogerblack wrote:Anyone taking bets on whether you get charged twice . . .  rolleyes  snigger

That’s the least I would expect  lol4

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down