The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert tickets

3 posters

Go down

Concert tickets Empty Concert tickets

Post by bristol170kj Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:06 am

So, my wife, daughter and daughter-in-law love the group Take That.  Take That are due in concerts next year and this week tickets on sale this week.

Nice Christmas presents think I.

If you bought the CD then last Tuesday you were eligible for an early release tickets.  So logged in and 40 minutes later the web site crashed having taken my credit card.  Checked each day no tickets despatched and nothing taken out of account.

So this morning tickets go on sale for general release at 9:30.  At the stroke of 9:30 clicked buy.  90 minutes later the web site is still saying "your in a queue" and there's a circling circle thingy.

Buying tickets these days is so much fun.  I'm about to give up and think of a better present for the girls in my life and do something more constructive.  The waste tank in the 'van needs cleaning!
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Concert tickets Empty Re: Concert tickets

Post by dbroada Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 pm

I share your frustration.

However thing that annoys me more is the promoters appear unable to give prices in advance of you getting through to the purchase stage. I've lost count of the times I've survived the queue only to decide I don't want to see them/him/her THAT much.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:31 pm

dbroada wrote:I share your frustration.

However thing that annoys me more is the promoters appear unable to give prices in advance of you getting through to the purchase stage. I've lost count of the times I've survived the queue only to decide I don't want to see them/him/her THAT much.
Yes, I've just re-checked and now (less than 3 hours after the "lines" open) all seats have gone.  How can that be when I was there the moment the line opened.  I'd like to bet there are lot's of tickets now going for silly process.
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Ticket touts ,me thinks
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:04 pm

The touts don't even have to do the waiting. They have scripted "bots" (automatic programs) that goes through the process for them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bristol170kj Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:31 am

HairyFool wrote:The touts don't even have to do the waiting. They have scripted "bots" (automatic programs) that goes through the process for them.
Exactly, but why do the ticket selling sites allow such a thing.  It's not difficult to stop bots, and gives everyone a fairer way (and cheaper).
bristol170kj
bristol170kj

Male

Back to top Go down