The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford Toilet

+2
PLOUGHLIN
gemdeco
6 posters

Go down

Thetford Toilet Empty Thetford Toilet

Post by gemdeco Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:20 am

Hi Everyone
     How do you get to the pump.I can hear it working  but nothing else is happening last time I tried I broke a clip so some advice please MH 2010 Gloucester
regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Thetford Toilet Empty Re: Thetford Toilet

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

OR

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And everything else to do with Thetford 200CWE [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi
   I cannot get any pictures on youtube since my computer crashed and I changed from Windows 7 to Windows 10 How do I access the pump
Thanks 
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 pm

The Lesuireshop link above, sales information gives a pictorial view of the removal of the switch panel. Once removed the pump is visible in the tank, and can be removed.

Basically lever the switch panel off, it is held on by a mastic strip, the panel not the switch.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:44 pm

Hello Alan
If you want to view the youtube video I live just off Little Bookham Street and can show you the video clip on a tablet. Let me know if you do and I will pm you with my phone number.
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gemdeco Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi Everyone
    Thank you for your help but it must have been an air lock as everything seems now to be working
Regards
Alan
gemdeco
gemdeco

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamF Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:26 pm

In the seven years that I have had my van, one of the few items not to have gone faulty in some way has been the Thetford toilet - until yesterday.....

The pump had started to make a slightly different noise the last time out so I thought that I would flush some clean water through it before going off to the Emerald Isle. However this time the pump did not work at all.

Remembering Peter L’s very helpful links as above I viewed the excellent YouTube clip, without which I would have been struggling to understand how to get into it. 

Sure enough it was the pump impeller that was seized up and with a little action this was readily freed. Still there was no sign of life so the 12 volts was checked OK coming into the toilet unit by the cassette but did not arrive up at the control board by the pump.

Thinking back to the YouTube clip he mentioned having changed a fuse in it to no effect. Look as I might I was darned if I could see any fuse until I detected this panel fitted towards the very rear of the side of the cassette housing. Surely no-one would fit a fuse there? But after a good old fashioned struggle this was opened and lo and behold a 3 amp fuse was found which had duly blown. This now replaced and we are back to normal.

Sorry about the long missive but I just wanted to point out the benefits of contributions not only to the questioner but also to the many other members.

Thanks again Peter L.

Regards Graham
GrahamF
GrahamF
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by gassygassy Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:58 pm

I'm new to this 'separate flushing water tank' malarkey, I don't see why they can't take the water from the fresh water tank. Anyway, what do you do in the winter? Is there a flush water tank drain or do you have to pump it all out.  - and then, what about the remaining thimble full of water in the pump and pipes?
I could of course read the manual, if all else fails, but then I am a bloke, and that is surely the last resort! I have only recently bought the Nuevo.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 pm

John&Maggie wrote:
We add a Steradent tablet to the tank as the jury still seems to be out on the pink stuff. However mix a little pink and water in a spray bottle and use directly on toilet bowl. Wilko sell good cheap spray bottles.
Can you educate me on the jury and the pink stuff? I have been warned by dealers not to use anything other than the pink stuff because it rots the rubber seal. There are lots of 'other makes' of stuff that purport to do the same job, and I have even heard that you can use bio detergent in the waste bin because its biological action does the same as the blue stuff.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:12 pm

Sounds as if you've already done your research. You'll only get a variety of answers, those who use the pink and those who don't, those that use the blue and those who use bio. You have to decide for yourself.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down