The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Roads

+7
nuevoboy
Gromit
Quilter
pstallwood
Askit
bikeralw
bristol170kj
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

British Roads - Page 2 Empty Re: British Roads

Post by bikeralw Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Laughed at the sleeping in the truck! Similar here when the bin emptying was done in-house by the council. The truck would reverse up our cul-de-sac, then park up for an hour or two while the 3 operatives had a smoke and chat before eventually emptying our bins.
Since the service has been put out to private tender, the truck is up and down the avenue faster than Lewis Hamilton..
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

British Roads - Page 2 Empty Re: British Roads

Post by matts vw Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:38 pm

I used to work for a local council and it used to really annoy me as it makes everybody think , all the workers are the same,  I was told the same about being too keen to work, eventually they just let me get on with it as they realised it meant they could do even less,  don't think it's much like that now though, I work for a private company now and you can't do enough no matter how hard you work, they always want more for less money, can't win, but its local and pays the bills and passes the time when your busy, so happier than being told to sit around

Matt
matts vw
matts vw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 51
Auto-Sleeper : sandhurst
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2