The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collapsible watercan/bucket

4 posters

Go down

Collapsible watercan/bucket Empty Collapsible watercan/bucket

Post by Bulletguy Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:46 pm

Often when at a campsite i've found myself some distance from the nearest water tap supply. To save moving the van which means packing every down (!!) a watering can does the job but with vans like mine, space is always at a premium and there is no room for a conventional garden type watering can. Yes i carry a length of hose but that's only around 5mtrs or so. So i looked around for a collapsible one and found this;

I bought the 2 in 1....bucket and watering can. It's just arrived today and must say i'm very impressed by the build quality. It packs down to 3" depth x 9.5" width so could easily be stored in a drawer! But i will keep mine in my back box.

There are two style types....distinguished mainly by the handle. The one with the thicker handle i avoided after reading buyer comments it was awkward to fill due to the zipped lid. It's also the more expensive of the two!

I opted for the one you see on the YT clip at 5min 48sec.

I couldn't find any local store selling them so had a look on ebay. Best price there is £14.37. Amazon sell them at £20......but then i found this place which is where i bought mine;  https://www.manomano.co.uk/watering-can/flopro-colapz-watering-can-1677958?product_id=2180975
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Collapsible watercan/bucket Empty Re: Collapsible watercan/bucket

Post by Aethelric Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:03 am

Yep, these things are soo handy.  Mine gets used pretty regularly. It has the zipped lid, I think that was all that was available when I got it a few years ago.  I had to fit an extension to enable me to pour it into the tank.
http://photo-electric.com/water.shtml
Aethelric
Aethelric

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:44 am

Aethelric wrote:Yep, these things are soo handy.  Mine gets used pretty regularly. It has the zipped lid, I think that was all that was available when I got it a few years ago.  I had to fit an extension to enable me to pour it into the tank.
http://photo-electric.com/water.shtml
That's worth noting as i'd never thought about that! Will have to check the access on mine tomorrow. Must admit i've not assembled it fully yet as everything is there and neatly packed so would have just stuck it straight into my back box.

Better give it a dry run (or wet in this case!) tomorrow and see how my tank access is.  up!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dare-devil-dennis Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am

I bought one from Manomano. It arrived yesterday. 10 litres capacity, perfect. Tried it out and I can see the need to extend the spout a bit. I will keep a short length of hose for this in the toilet cassette locker for when I fill the toilet header tank.

I can see how it might be useful for carrying grey water away from a full waste tank as well.

I would recommend this item
Dare-devil-dennis
Dare-devil-dennis
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am

Our local Aldi have collapsible bucket for sale.4.99 Many other items that may be useful for motorhomers as well.

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:09 am

Dare-devil-dennis wrote:I bought one from Manomano. It arrived yesterday. 10 litres capacity, perfect. Tried it out and I can see the need to extend the spout a bit. I will keep a short length of hose for this in the toilet cassette locker for when I fill the toilet header tank.
Yes you are right just as Aethelric mentioned. Tested mine today and will need a short extension. It's a good idea anyway to have a flexible end rather than rigid going into the filler
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Back to top Go down