The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porch Awning Bourton

5 posters

Go down

Porch Awning Bourton Empty Porch Awning Bourton

Post by Norwich Lass Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Newby here again! Looking for porch type awning but all seem to be too low . Anyone recommend one ?
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Porch Awning Bourton Empty Higher awnings

Post by Delboy Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Since you don't seem to have had m(any) replies I thought I'd put in my tuppence worth.

There are a number of companies which make an optional 'tall' awning, though I'm not sure you would get one in a 'porch' configuration.

We bought an Outwell Daytona but in fact the 'tall' option is achieved by the drive-away portion being raised higher than normal, but works ok.

The problem with drive-away awnings is that they are more fiddly to fit and you end up with almost a metre of extra space betwixt van and the 'main'
part of the awning itself.

Anyway, the thing is to search for "tall porch awning" and see if Google finds anything for you. If you put the double quotes round, it searches for that phrase
so you don't get quite as many responses.

Good luck,

Delboy
Delboy
Delboy

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Porch Awning Bourton Empty Re: Porch Awning Bourton

Post by We Love Hugo Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:28 pm

It depends what you mean by a porch awning. As a convert to the motorhome world from the towing world, most of the available "drive away" awnings would fall into the caravan porch style awning world. As Delboy says most of the "drive away" awnings are offered with a "tall" option. We  have the Vango Kela III which we like, although I have to confess that I have not yet "driven away" from it smile!  . Although I think this bullet will be bitten on our Fench trip later this month.
We Love Hugo
We Love Hugo

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol Plus

Back to top Go down

Post by Twizel Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:27 pm

On my hunt for awning advice I've come across this thread and wondered if there were any updates.  We've got a Duetto with a Fiamma awning with the groove at 2.3m high and 2.4m long.....looking for a simple and quick awning that fits but everything seems to work 2.2m or 2.6m wide!  Can't afford Fiamma kit....any suggestions?
Twizel
Twizel

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Twizel wrote:On my hunt for awning advice I've come across this thread and wondered if there were any updates.  We've got a Duetto with a Fiamma awning with the groove at 2.3m high and 2.4m long.....looking for a simple and quick awning that fits but everything seems to work 2.2m or 2.6m wide!  Can't afford Fiamma kit....any suggestions?
As my comment on you other post, if your kella is a standard size it will just fit your duetto, it doesn’t really matter about the width as you will probably need the kador kit to convert the 6mm groove on van to 8mm on your kella.
This will allow a wider awning fitted to your van.
I have just had to sell my vango idris low awning on our mk5 duetto because it was too short for our new van.
My awning came with the kador kit but only cost about £20 if you need one, think it works out about 3m long.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Norwich Lass Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi there - forgot I posted this so long ago ! We got a Vango Idris which is brilliant . However when at Lands End in some VERY high winds we were surprised there were no storm straps when « standing alone «  . The air beam bent slightly and we have a little rip in the fabric which I have yet to mend . It’s just the right size for a short trip and easy to put up . 
Thanks for all the comments .
Norwich Lass
Norwich Lass

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern

Back to top Go down