The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backbox

5 posters

Go down

Backbox Empty Backbox

Post by rose49f Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Has anyone any experience of the cargo Back Box. All pros and cons welcome. Reviews don't look too good.

Backbox S-l225
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Backbox Empty Re: Backbox

Post by vwt4 Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi I have one and have used on a few occasions, obviously not as strong as the ridgid back boxes, the internal frame has a tendancy to come apart at the top but nothing to worry about when not on the van sits in the garage full of camping gear 
mike
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:23 am

When I enquired about one of those, had a few negative replies, easy for folk to steal from, not strong and rip easily,
Wouldn`t you be better with a box Rose, more expensive yes, but far more durable.,  just a thought.

Marg
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 am

Saw one from eBay yesterday. A rigid one. Quite old but wondered what to bid for it. There was another guy there looking at it as well. The seller was a genuine nice man. It just made me think do l buy second hand or buy new. Can't afford new rigid one so wondered what the cargo box was like.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:31 pm

There are some bargains to be had on eBay, I look at the sellers feedback, if good I bid, did you know that if you put on a high price, eBay will bid on your behalf, usually less that your original bid, it only goes up in small amounts, then if yours is the last bid, you only pay that hope you understand that, when I saw  and really wanted something I don`t bid until the last 45secs. before bidding ends, every time I have got the item,

So say you put on the maxi mine bid that you wanted to pay, then when other bidder puts in another bid, eBay will put on a bid on your behalf, if that other bidder drops out and you are the highest bidder you get the item, cheaper than the amount that you put on usually. Please ignore if you know this.
second hand / used items are mostly a good buy, if you look at the box in this case and magnify it, and look all around it.
Best wishes,
Marg
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Rose
I know you're not getting notifications, so just letting you know I've sent you a PM'.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:11 pm

It is worth giving Gumtree and the like as look prices are often good for second hand stuff are also negotiable ,the reason for this is you are the one collecting and many sellers don't want the hassle of postage.
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum