The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All you can eat breakfast

4 posters

Go down

All you can eat breakfast Empty All you can eat breakfast

Post by Bobskate Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:14 pm

I have just come back from a few days "Up North"  and stayed in one of those hotel  chains that offer "All you can eat breakfast". Now I love a full English and always help myself to a good plate. However, ear oling a few of the adjacent tables, I was astonished  at what some people ordered. 4 sausages, 5 rashers, 3 eggs, 4 black pudding, 3 hash browns. On one table each  person ordering made a big thing on out ordering each other. I'm not sure what to think. I found it almost obscene. Why?  Incidentally the waitress said it was not unusual and she ceased being surprised or shocked.  Oh please don't tell me if I'd have gone in my van I would have avoided it.....it was absolutely freezing...and the room was very comfortable!!!

lol4
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

All you can eat breakfast Empty Re: All you can eat breakfast

Post by Paulmold Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:33 pm

It's the same at places like Crown Carveries or Toby Carveries but they don't order it just pile their plates as if they won't be eating for a month.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:51 pm

I was in a Toby Carvey last year...... you can see I live life on the edge. A mother, who looked as though she didn't have two pennies to rub together, with five of what can best be described as feral children eating the food mostly without the incumberance of cutlery. Yuck. As we were leaving I heard the mother complaining about the food! Perhaps I am cynical but maybe, just maybe she was expecting a freebie  meal by threatening to make a formal complaint and all that entails for the staff.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Bob,
Not another rant!! 
You must have stopped taking those tables again - either that or Joyce will have to stop you going out on your own!!
I have been fine for weeks now - not a rant in sight. 
But that could change in the next few days - what with the stress of the festive season and the "outlaws" defending on us for a few days.
Bah humbug!

Happy Christmas!
Liam

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Thanks Liam. Maybe there was a little bit of me posting this as a tempter
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:04 am

All you can eat brekkie well what about Fair in Square 2 meals for £8.99 two blokes were in one we called at (for a OAP Special) and each ordered two meals each and complained when they bought all four meals out together, they then ranted on again 15 minutes later when the young lass asked if their meals "were everything OK with their meals" that they had to wait 20 minutes and the second meal was cold, poor gal was reat upset after 2 minutes of being balled and sworn at, lucky Manager was a big bloke and tuck no truck and ASKED then to leave (well did a bit more than ask)
Place was packed and he received a round of applause

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks Heanorboy. It's the staff I feel sorry for.....if I was in charge......fight

Last edited by Bobskate on Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum