The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The logic ???? of Currys/PCworld

+3
Askit
Gromit
Hubert
7 posters

Go down

The logic ???? of Currys/PCworld Empty The logic ???? of Currys/PCworld

Post by Hubert Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:23 am

Thought I would treat myself to a new mp3 player, well it is Christmas smile! . Looked online as Currys/PCworld had been advertising the one I was interested in with £30 off.
Yesterday, Sunday, they were offering an additional 10% off. Great thought I, I'll get one. Checked availability and they had them in stock at one of my local stores. Rang them to see if I could still have the additional 10% off if I called in to purchase. 
NO, sorry but the discount is only for online sales BUT they could offer me free delivery of one the following day with the discount. Free delivery is only available if I was prepared to wait in all day, specifying a morning or afternoon meant a £9.95 delivery charge. Didn't really want to possibly waste a whole day waiting for the item.

So, could I pay online and collect as it was in stock ? - NO, no facility to do that on their website.

However, as another local store didn't have it in stock, I could order one for delivery to that store, so I could collect it.

I just don't understand how it could be cheaper to deliver it rather than let me go and collect it  confused3

Merry Christmas Everybody

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

The logic ???? of Currys/PCworld Empty Re: The logic ???? of Currys/PCworld

Post by Gromit Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:50 am

Hubert wrote:I just don't understand how it could be cheaper to deliver it rather than let me go and collect it  confused3
Probably because nobody has told the computer system that people might want to do that . . . and none of the staff are allowed to use a bit of common sense these days, even if the good Lord gave them any!!  shrugg   Whistle1
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Not sure I understand marketing either, we wanted a bit of kitchen equipment which Tesco had in store at £45. If you go on their main web site it comes up at that price whilst on Tesco direct the identical item was £35. Only way to get it at that price was to order online and wait for them to confirm it ws ready to collect. We got the email next day, went to the store and we were given one off the shelf  scratch head

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Currys / PC World have changed their policies then, a few years ago in the market for a new computer,  it was cheaper on line which I didn`t know at the time, salesman told me to go to the corner where  their computer was and order it at the lower price, and he would get one for me, this I thought that was good service.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:40 pm

I had a similar experience as Margaret's with Halfords when I bought my bike satnav. The website price was £100+ cheaper than the in store price. I mentioned this to one of the assistants, and after being assured that I wanted to buy one at the website price, He ordered one on his tablet in my name, clicked 'pay in store' and got me one off the shelf.
I am not generally a lover of Halfords, but this was five star service.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Similar when buying 2 tyres for the car last week. On website it said save £10 when buying 2. Went to tyre depot expecting to get same offer but got told it was a web offer and I needed the special code off the webpage. I had my phone with me and told the chap I could be a while getting it as their website was pretty rubbish and slow. After a couple of minutes he said 'it doesn't matter I've knocked the £10 off'. So why bother asking?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Got a printer at Curry's recently which had a 30% off ink offer. Was told at the store that the offer was online only. Said I would order on line and collect then. Told I would have to wait until next day to collect. Luckily lad said he would ask the supervisor when I started to remonstrate. Luckily the supervisor saw sense.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Ordered an ISOFix child seat from John Lewis because you could have the base free with the seat as a bundle package. Only one option on the page that was to buy the bundle but when it arrived at the local Waitrose only the seat had been supplied. Got back home and rang them.

1st the call desk operator claimed I had only ordered the seat. I pointed out the page only had one button to buy the bundle. Then she said I could just buy the base at an extra £125.

So then I said I will return the seat and reorder. That fell on stony ground and suddenly they had no stock. Gave up and just booked the return.

Not what I expect from JL.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pstallwood Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 am

John Lewis credit card statement just arrived. You get extra points for purchases at JL?Waitrose but most of our purchases from them are in the wrong section. They obviously had a bit of a problem with processing this month as on ringing up to complain there was a recorded message saying that the error would be corrected before vouchers were sent out.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down