The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-sleeper Rienza

2 posters

Go down

Auto-sleeper Rienza Empty Auto-sleeper Rienza

Post by TeamRienza Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 am

Hello all,

This post is by way of an experiment to see if I can manage the photobucket uploads and also show a few pictures of the van.

It is a Rienza which I understand to be the name of an Italian river which obviously needs to be visited in the van in future. Not aware of any other models named after rivers.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The van must have only been produced in small numbers as I have only come across one other (on the Glencoe C&CC site in may 2010) It does not get any mentions on the big forums.

The style is very much in the Nuevo shape but is longer at 6.8 metres, and has the more caravan like U shaped lounge which was what we wanted.

It is also unusual in that it is a two berth and this allows the overcab to be used as a huge locker in which we keep the bedding. This saves all the messing about under the bed lockers and creates more space low down for heavier bulky items.

The van has a fixed ladder which is only useful for cleaning the roof but the double cycle rack is great.

It is on a Ford Transit Chassis and is a 2006 model. the van returns about 30mpg which is good. It is easy to drive and maintain, and avoids all of the problems of clutch judder etc. which Fiat owners seem to suffer from.

We have had the van for one year now and had caravanned from childhood (hence the U shaped lounge). We got about 6 weeks of use last season and will get about the same this year, hopefully by then all the kids will be driving and finished school allowing us more freedom to roam. Roll on retirement! The age, condition and layout of the van together with an apparently good build quality were the deciding factors in the purchase and the Fact that it was an Auto-sleeper was at the time a coincidence. Proved to be one of life's better decisions. Hope to get many good years and miles out of it.

Thanks for reading,

Davy

I will now press the send button and see what happens. Fingers crossed.
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Auto-sleeper Rienza Empty Re: Auto-sleeper Rienza

Post by roli Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:48 am

There are a few about Davy either badged as a Rienza or a Marquis Hampshire (which had electically adjusted bed bases !!!!). My neighbour had a special edition Rienza and the Hampshire version was made until the policy decision of not using the Ford Chassis in 2010. Nice van similar in layout to the old Legend which was considered by many to be the best AS made. You have succeeded in uploading your photos. Incidently you have the same letters in reg no as us but in a different order !!!
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down