The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How stupid can you get!!!

+10
crosgor
Hubert
dbroada
daisy mae
jollywalker
pstallwood
Quilter
Paulmold
-mojo-
Gromit
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How stupid can you get!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: How stupid can you get!!!

Post by Paulmold Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:06 pm

Audi?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:08 pm

You got it Paul!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:16 pm

I'll bet it used to be BMW's but then the company car drivers got clobbered by the tax men and found that Audi's were more 'tax efficient' and swopped over.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:44 am

Gromit
Finally the Polis have been convinced and the warning signs are no longer required, common sense prevails at last hugegrins

also....

It is also now mandatory to have a minimum of just two people carrying out a speedwatch session making everything less visible.
The calculation for the speed you will get reported at is plus 10% plus two miles per hour ie 24, 35, 46, 57, speedwatch cannot be operated in areas with higher limits or in the dark! Three strikes and you are out!
ANPR cameras are also now coming on stream, if you don't have MOT or insurance ,beware!
One final interesting fact, we will all have seen the speed repeaters that flash up how fast you are travelling, they cannot of course record your registration but the contents are analysed and not only used to monitor traffic flow but are able to identify exceptional infringements. For example cameras locally recorded a vehicle doing up to 80mph in a 30mph limit, it happened repeatedly at about the same time most mornings. A traffic unit was stationed and first day the driver stopped and sentenced. As I think it was Peter or Paul reported on another thread, these units can also record in the opposite direction to the face and when the display is turned off!

Best just sticking to the limit really! allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:25 pm

Paulmold wrote:
Quilter wrote:I’m a sucker for the light up displays that show you your speed. I especially like the local ones which have smiley and sad faces. I do like to get a smiley face and would be mortified if I had a sad one.
Me too. I personally think these have more effect than speed cameras.

Not in our road. I live in an urban area, in the middle of a 20mph zone and we regularly get vehicles tearing along at an alarming speed, particularly at times when the road is fairly quiet (the offset parking arrangements plus being on a bus route often have the opposite effect during the day, causing regular gridlock). We have a light up display to warn speeding drivers, which is completely ignored by most motorists.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2