The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sandhurst extras and mods

4 posters

Go down

sandhurst extras and mods Empty sandhurst extras and mods

Post by matts vw Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi, I have recently purchased a VW Sandhurst, I presume there's not to many Sandhurst owners out there as they seem to be few and far between, I was wondering what other Sandhurst owners have done to there vans, as in extras or modifications, I have ordered a reversing camera and I am fitting cruise control, I would like to hear about any type of additions that you have fitted and wether you found it worthwhile, also mine has no awning so would be nice to know what length awning would normally be fitted on these vans ,
Thanks matt
matts vw
matts vw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 50
Auto-Sleeper : sandhurst
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

sandhurst extras and mods Empty Re: sandhurst extras and mods

Post by KENNJEN Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Hi Matt only just seen your post ,we have had aSandhurst nearly 8 years ,I fitted cruise control not long after  we acquired it a very worthwhile addition.We have not got an awning as we use to carry a scooter and where trying to keep the weight down ,we do carry a tarp for shade in warmer climes and have found it very useful as we can leave it up when it gets windy with no worries.As far as any other mods we have changed the waste bin and a few odds and ends and are about to have the decals replaced as they are starting to craze .Other than that the van has been excellent.Any time I can help just let me know as you say not many Sandhurst owners about .ken
KENNJEN
KENNJEN
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

sandhurst extras and mods Empty sandhurst

Post by steve@rydale Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:55 am

matts vw wrote:Hi, I have recently purchased a VW Sandhurst, I presume there's not to many Sandhurst owners out there as they seem to be few and far between, I was wondering what other Sandhurst owners have done to there vans, as in extras or modifications, I have ordered a reversing camera and I am fitting cruise control, I would like to hear about any type of additions that you have fitted and wether you found it worthwhile, also mine has no awning so would be nice to know what length awning would normally be fitted on these vans ,
Thanks matt
hi matt. we pick our sandhurst up on Friday this week. as for extras. it already has a rear view camera and a fiamma wind out canopy. I thought they would all of had one? as for the size I will measure it up and let you know. based on other vans I have had, I found a solar panel to be a good buy, and also just purchased a snipe 2 satellite system which is fitted to my present van, that's my next job to take it all off and re fit it to the sandhurst. all good fun eh.! hope you enjoy yours. cheers  steve allthumbz
steve@rydale
steve@rydale

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by matts vw Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:42 am

Hi, thanks for the replies , tarp may be the way to go to keep weight down for longer trips away, good to know the cruise control worth while, I have thought about solar panels as battery carrier only holds one battery, but not sure about that yet, maybe after I've had the van weighed with everything in for my main holiday in may, for now i am replacing the interior lights with led to keep power usage down ,don't watch much tv while away so wouldn't really benefit from havin sat, I just record the few programs I watch for when I get back, hope your as happy as i am with mine Steve, thanks matt
matts vw
matts vw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steve@rydale Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 pm

matts vw wrote:Hi, I have recently purchased a VW Sandhurst, I presume there's not to many Sandhurst owners out there as they seem to be few and far between, I was wondering what other Sandhurst owners have done to there vans, as in extras or modifications, I have ordered a reversing camera and I am fitting cruise control, I would like to hear about any type of additions that you have fitted and wether you found it worthwhile, also mine has no awning so would be nice to know what length awning would normally be fitted on these vans ,
Thanks matt
hi matt, well we picked our sandhurst up on Friday and we love it,.the fiamma awning canopy that is fitted is 3.5 mts long just in case you were going to have one fitted. hope this helps. cheers  steve
steve@rydale
steve@rydale

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by matts vw Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi, thanks for that, will get one fitted next year now I know how long it should be

Matt
matts vw
matts vw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bev & Graham Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi all,

We have had our Sandhurst since January and we love it. We have the Fiamma awning, our cruise control was already on, I believe it was an optional extra. We have a reversing camera which was also on when we purchased it. Our decals are crazing too, which I would like replacing so I am interested in where those are being done from the previous posts. You are correct, there are not many Sandhursts around so I am really pleased that we came upon this one. Hope you are enjoying your motor homes as are we. Is anyone going to the motor home show at the NEC? We are going on the Saturday.
Bev & Graham

Female

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by matts vw Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi, haven't got time to go to show, cruise control fitted now, should make quite a difference on longer trips abroad and only cost £105 with fitting it myself, matt
matts vw
matts vw
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down