The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB

5 posters

Go down

TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB Empty TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB

Post by aldhp21 Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi,

we are picking up a new Broadway FB in April. Very excited about a new van.

My question is where do others fit there TV. I see there are aerial outputs on the bedroom wall backing onto the fridge and in the upper cupboard on the other side of the fridge.

I would prefer to have the TV fitted in one place on a moveable arm that would allow viewing both in the lounge and bed, obviously not at the same time. Has anybody a solution they could offer.

Many thanks
Alan
aldhp21
aldhp21

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB Empty Re: TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB

Post by Paramedic Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:44 am

Hi, our aerial outputs are mounted externally uppermost either side of the cabinet housing the microwave. We used to manoeuvre the tv bracket to face the bed but this proved somewhat irksome as the side of the cabinet obscured part of the screen. Also the twisting and pulling action used to loosen the tightness on the extendable arm. Recently fixed another bracket facing the bed and purchased a 9 inch tv, the screen size being most adequate for the viewing distance from the bed. The tv being so light means only two 25cm screws required to secure to wall. Positioned lower down adjacent to microwave where there is sufficient gap to accommodate length of screws.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB Empty Re: TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB

Post by aldhp21 Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:08 am

Thanks Paramedic. You've confirmed my thoughts. I'll wait until our van arrives so I can measure up. I do have a 10" TV in the loft which I bought for our kitchen so your idea in the bedroom may be a good option.

Cheers Alan
aldhp21
aldhp21

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Our TV has a very neat bracket that is in two parts - one fits on the wall and is a neat plastic wedge - theother screws to the TV and has a ball joint which allows tilt and turn.  A/S fitted two of the wall brakets to our van just by the aerial and power terminations.  One is on the side of the microwave dresser and theother just behind the passenger seat on the narrow divide.  Works a treat!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It is stable enough for the TV to be left in place while travelling - or you can just lift it off

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Further to my last, will endeavour to try and successfully upload photos of our tv set up facing the bed for your perusal. Bet you can't wait to get your new FB. Recall looking at all sorts of info whilst waiting collection of our used FB, even lost sleep thinking about it. But that's not unusual for me as never been able to sleep properly. Put it down to thirty five years of shift working including nights and aggravated more so with the old nocturnal prostate antics. Regards. biggrin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRoyd Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:52 pm

inspiredron wrote:Our TV has a very neat bracket that is in two parts - one fits on the wall and is a neat plastic wedge - theother screws to the TV and has a ball joint which allows tilt and turn.  A/S fitted two of the wall brakets to our van just by the aerial and power terminations.  One is on the side of the microwave dresser and theother just behind the passenger seat on the narrow divide.  Works a treat!
It is stable enough for the TV to be left in place while travelling - or you can just lift it off

I have the same type of bracket fitted adjacent to the microwave, that is OK for morning viewing when sat in the captains chair but for the evening viewing in bed I bought one of these:

and fitted it to the divider by the passenger seat, the only problem I had was using an extension cable to use the TV normally fitted in our kitchen at home.
I was thinking of fitting an extra 230v socket on the divider but bought one of these instead as there is an existing 12v socket/aerial point adjacent:

A week after it was delivered I saw this on the Aldi website:

Hey ho, still the Cello does have a sat input!

Barry
AndyRoyd
AndyRoyd
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by aldhp21 Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:31 am

Paramedic wrote:Further to my last, will endeavour to try and successfully upload photos of our tv set up facing the bed for your perusal. Bet you can't wait to get your new FB. Recall looking at all sorts of info whilst waiting collection of our used FB, even lost sleep thinking about it. But that's not unusual for me as never been able to sleep properly. Put it down to thirty five years of shift working including nights and aggravated more so with the old nocturnal prostate antics. Regards. biggrin

I'm eagerly awaiting a confirmation of the date. Was hoping to get the van before Peterborough but I may be being a bit too optimistic. Really looking forward to us not having to do the motorhome shuffle making the bed up every night.

Just to confirm our thoughts we went and had a look at a new one at the weekend. walking round with a very critical eye. The only negative I can really see is there is no external storage to put our Honda EU10 generator. I know they can be a contentious subject but when wildcamping in winter or on our regular excursion to Le Mans they can be very handy. It is converted for LPG though.
aldhp21
aldhp21

Male

Back to top Go down

TV Location and Bracket for Broadway FB Empty TV

Post by Eltel Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:16 am

aldhp21 wrote:Thanks Paramedic. You've confirmed my thoughts. I'll wait until our van arrives so I can measure up. I do have a 10" TV in the loft which I bought for our kitchen so your idea in the bedroom may be a good option.

Cheers Alan
If the 10" TV does not fit the bill I have a 16" Avtex TV complete with a Avtex case for sale.

Only reason I bought a new Avtex was I wanted the new one with a internal satellite tuner which would take less room in the Motorhome 

Not sure it was the best financial decision I've ever made!

Drop me a pm if your interested, I live in North Staffs and will at the MMM rally at Peterborough 

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:51 am

Hi aidhp21, If it's not a safety issue or height restriction, you could perhaps store the generator under the cavernous storage space under the bed by raising the bed and lifting it in and out? Don't know weight of your Honda generator but need to be aware of the limited user payload which on ours is only 305kg. Regards

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aldhp21 Sat May 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Many thanks for all your responses. Just thought I would supply an update.

We are picking up our new van from Nick Whale on 22nd May. It got put back a week due to the delay with registration by the DVLA.

I've viewed the van and measured the TV cupboard and I've found a fitting that should work a treat which will allow us to view from the lounge or bedroom.

The bracket is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and you can see one in action on this page

Press on the image and it will show a short video.

It's not cheap but as it's coming from Amazon if it doesn't fit I can send it back.

Cheers
Alan
aldhp21
aldhp21

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by aldhp21 Tue May 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Just an update. Our new van arrived on the 22nd May and it's a beauty.

So last Wednesday I fitted the TV bracket and the Avtex 18.5" TV. Fit's a treat. It's a bit of a challenge with the limited access. So the method I used was to get a piece shelving in a very similar colour and pattern to the van cupboards. I cut this to fit the floor of the TV cupboard. I then screwed the bracket to the sized shelf and fixed the shelf to the floor of the TV cupboard with double sided no nails pads.

I practised before fitting with a cardboard template in order to get it right first time.

Cheers Alan
aldhp21
aldhp21

Male

Back to top Go down