The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aldi 2nd April 17

+4
bikeralw
Askit
Paulmold
Heanorboy
8 posters

Go down

Aldi 2nd April 17 Empty Aldi 2nd April 17

Post by Heanorboy Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Loads of stuff for the van

David smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Aldi 2nd April 17 Empty Re: Aldi 2nd April 17

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:40 am

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-04-02

From toilet fluids to TV to black streaks remover.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:07 am

I see the ubiquitous satellite system is on sale again, anyone ever used it or similar? The rechargeable dehumidifiers are on our hit list   rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:53 am

The little dehumidifiers are quite good so long as you don't expect too much from them. Fine for a small area where air circulation can be restricted, we keep one in each underbed storage area, they get a recharge whenever we remember to do it.
I'd also like the hear from anyone who has used the satellite system, I do seem to see quite a few on ebay several months after the Aldi offer...
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by dbroada Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:03 pm

I did have one of those satellite systems a LONG time ago. They have probably improved since then but mine did work - sometimes.

The biggest problem was getting a clear line to the satellite. By putting the dish on the floor you introduce a lot more trees than you would if you could stick it on a pole. Also, back then there weren't too many other dishes to look at to copy their orientation. Compasses always point at me so using one didn't help much. When I did get it pointing correctly the picture was fine but most of the FTA channels were German. We only used it to watch sport so a little bit of German commentary was perfect for our viewing habits.

One further problem with the older system was you couldn't add a viewing card so even if you had a Sky subscription you still couldn't watch it. I'm guessing they have moved on a lot since mine but I'm not in a hurry to use one again.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:39 pm

Askit wrote:I see the ubiquitous satellite system is on sale again, anyone ever used it or similar? The rechargeable dehumidifiers are on our hit list   rolleyes
 I did buy one but it was in 2009 it worked OK but it could only pick up German Channels.
When I took it back they just refunded me and put it with the pile of them against the counter
Did not buy another hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2012 Dorset W

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:51 am

My husband has one in the caravan, had it for years, works a treat and he is pleased with it, mind you don`t go abroad these days prefer uk as have the dogs.

Has worked even in Scotland.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Ever heard the phase "if you're not fast, you're last"  Whistle1 Got to Aldi about 10am and it was all gone bar the EHU, some rubber flooring and toilet fluids. Who knew there were so many caravanners out there  biggrin

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Went to our local at about 11.30, still had everything in stock, even the TV's, solar panels, toilet fluids, low wattage kettle, ehu's. All we wanted was some green fluid.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:59 pm

daisy mae wrote:My husband has one in the caravan, had it for years, works a treat and he is pleased with it, mind you don`t go abroad these days prefer uk as have the dogs.

Never had a problem with taking dogs abroad, very easy, just have to pay euro tunnel and the French vet for the pleasure.

Mind you they have stopped us going to Aruba enjoying the Windsurfing and very warm water, still cannot have every thing.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:05 pm

Askit wrote:Ever heard the phase "if you're not fast, you're last"  Whistle1 Got to Aldi about 10am and it was all gone bar the EHU, some rubber flooring and toilet fluids. Who knew there were so many caravanners out there  biggrin

1030, everything in stock. The main target was the dehumidifiers but also got a collapsible bucket and colander as future replacements for the (much more expensive) existing units.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:17 pm

TVs, Sat systems and dehumidifiers were all gone, and that was at two branches. As delivery is free within 3/5 days, I just ordered the dehumidifiers on line smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:41 pm

rgermain wrote:
daisy mae wrote:My husband has one in the caravan, had it for years, works a treat and he is pleased with it, mind you don`t go abroad these days prefer uk as have the dogs.

Never had a problem with taking dogs abroad, very easy, just have to pay euro tunnel and the French vet for the pleasure.

Mind you they have stopped us going to Aruba enjoying the Windsurfing and very warm water, still cannot have every thing.

Richard
I know it is easy these days, but I have no wish to subject my dogs to hours and hours of travelling, then it is too warm for them when we get there, spent decades touring the continent, done that got the t shirt, now want to enjoy this country and Ireland, lots of places I haven`t been to, also heard too many reports of dogs being  very ill and even dying from ticks picked up amongst other things, vet in Kent told us that as she saw the devastation from owners, who had come back from France.

With dogs in tow you are limited to where you can go and also see sights, exhibitions etc.

Yes I love France, but love my dog even more, I am very happy to stay here. Usually it is just me and my dog these days.  doggy
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down