The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poor TV picture Quality when on fixed bracket

2 posters

Go down

Poor TV picture Quality when on fixed bracket Empty Poor TV picture Quality when on fixed bracket

Post by phil1855 Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi All,
 I have an Avtex TV which has a good reputation and I am not questioning it here, however when in the van and fixed to the extending bracket, it appears to partly black out. By that I mean that parts of the image appear to go into almost negative.

Now this appears to be down to the angle that the TV is viewed at, as when I stand up, the image is perfect.

There is a sort of block that came with the bracket that allows the TV viewing angle to be altered, this however does not appear to offer enough downward angle. Has anyone had a similar issue and come up with a cunning plan to address it?

thanks.
phil1855
phil1855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Poor TV picture Quality when on fixed bracket Empty Re: Poor TV picture Quality when on fixed bracket

Post by Gromit Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Phil

I think the Avtex is better than most TV's w.r.t. viewing angle, but if you look at it from below the horizontal it does black out quite suddenly. The only remedy (as you say) is to pivot the bracket downwards.

Without knowing what bracket you have I can't offer any suggestions. One cunning plan however might be to buy another bracket. Mine was only about £13 and I half expected it to be rubbish, but in fact it's very good.

I also bought a quick release attachment which makes it dead easy to remove the TV for storage. It literally lifts off the bracket.

I can't immediately find where I bought it from, but will have another look.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Poor TV picture Quality when on fixed bracket Empty Re: Poor TV picture Quality when on fixed bracket

Post by Gromit Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:14 pm

Me again.

The TV bracket
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0072MKWSE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The quick release fitting.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000NVR978/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There's a thumb screw on the bracket for "drooping" the TV, but I found it very fiddly and difficult to do up tight enough. (For 13 quid what can you expect! shrugg ) So I removed it and fitted a nut and spring washer instead. Once correctly adjusted it need never be touched again, so I tightened it with a spanner and it has been perfect.

Doesn't answer your question I know, but it might be a good and inexpensive solution. Even though it was cheap I'm well pleased with ours.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by phil1855 Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi Dave,
          The luxury bracket I purchased when I got the van was about £40 and it has a quick release block which offers 2 viewing angles, even the one with the most downward tilt doesn't offer enough.

Your correct in saying that the picture blacks out suddenly when viewed from below the horizontal.

2 options as far as I can see, mount the TV bracket lower, thus reducing the angle when viewed in a sitting position, or stand up in bed  snigger  !!
phil1855
phil1855
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by phil1855 Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Nice one Dave,
                        Thanks for the advice I will check it out.

Phil  up!
phil1855
phil1855
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down