The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Saint Auto Sleepers

+5
burlingtonboaby
m8form8
Gromit
dbroada
Askit
9 posters

Go down

Dear Saint Auto Sleepers Empty Dear Saint Auto Sleepers

Post by Askit Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:49 pm

After (me) spending several years researching motorhomes and campervans, we bought a Auto Sleepers Neuvo. All my worries about whether it would end up a white elephant disappeared as we took off on trip after trip. I can't blame A/S for the first problem we had, the Peugeot tyre pressure system failing and a three day stay in the garage "waiting for parts"  scratch head Minor issues don't bother me much, so the towel rail falling off (several times until I used a spring washer on the fixing screw), sticking locker catches, the push handle on the bathroom cabinet falling off, both driver and passenger door seal falling off and the shower tap leaking because it hadn't been tightened properly. Was I bothered........not really.

Anyway, after the hab check discovered we have dampness (off the scale on my Aldi dampmeter) we went off on a preplanned couple of day away, returning today. I was moderately grumpy about the damp, but became even more so when SWMBO informed me the wallpaper tape joint in the bathroom has come off (growl). Later, when investigating possible causes of the dampness, and to stop the wind rattling the nets on the fridge vents (taking a tip from elsewhere here) I got some bluetack (white tack to be accurate  rolleyes) to stick on. When the outer covers are removed, what do I see.......the inner parts have been screwed on so tightly they are cracked and broken and resemble a completed jigsaw puzzle Whistle1 . On the same mission, I discover the arm on the hab door stay is loose and prone to popping out. 

So, this morning, we are getting stuff sorted for our journey back and my wife spots water in the shower tray, despite the fact that we have never used the shower or even moved the vanity unit. It was apparent that the bathroom sink waste had been discharging through the bottom of the unit. An hour later, with virtually no feeling left in my legs (it's a wee space for a 6ft 2in, 17st man  look here) I discover, as expected, the waste pipe is no longer connected to the sink waste. As the joint is about 3cm long, and we have never moved the unit, I can only assume it was never fitted properly in the first place. 

Me grumpy...........that would be the polite way of putting it right now innocent
Askit
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Dear Saint Auto Sleepers Empty Re: Dear Saint Auto Sleepers

Post by dbroada Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm not going to tempt providence  by saying our new Van is perfect (it's not) but I'm hopeful all our niggles will remain small ones. 

Having said that, the attention to detail is appalling.  I don't notice these things but the curtains aren't straight, the horizontal band of colour on the seat backs are far from horizontal, the carpet held in with velcro sees the velcro nicely stuck together while the carpet pulls away from the adhesive on the velcro etc.  That's without a bit of door seal that came off first day and a triangular bit of carpet somewhere above the passenger's head who's sole purpose seems to be to fall down.

Nothing earth shattering but just a bit "not what you would expect".

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Askit wrote:
So, this morning, we are getting stuff sorted for our journey back and my wife spots water in the shower tray, despite the fact that we have never used the shower or even moved the vanity unit. It was apparent that the bathroom sink waste had been discharging through the bottom of the unit. An hour later, with virtually no feeling left in my legs (it's a wee space for a 6ft 2in, 17st man  look here) I discover, as expected, the waste pipe is no longer connected to the sink waste. As the joint is about 3cm long, and we have never moved the unit, I can only assume it was never fitted properly in the first place. 

Me grumpy...........that would be the polite way of putting it right now innocent
Yep - been there. (6ft 4in and 15 stone, so similar spacial problems!! hugegrins )

Ours was fine for 15 months or so, then one morning Mrs Gromit said, "The bathroom sink is making a funny noise!" We do use the shower quite often, but hadn't recently so the pool of water was (as you say) a dead giveaway. Shoving the pipe back on was no problem (to a contortionist with double jointed wrists!!) once I had removed the rear inspection panel, but do you think I could find the screw holes when putting it back on!!!!!

As I've said many times before, a cracking good van spoiled by lack of care and attention to detail. The basic quality is still as good or better than most, but like your van, ours is a lot better now I have spent a good few hours fixing what shouldn't have needed fixing in the first place!!

I've found kicking the tyres is a good antidote for grumpy. Do it with your slippers on and your toes will throb for days - takes your mind off the van a treat!! lol4

Dave smile!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 am

since Gromit wrote:
Askit wrote:

Yep - been there. (6ft 4in and 15 stone, so similar spacial problems!! hugegrins )

Dave smile!

Cripes Dave, and I thought I had a tight squeeze (pun intended) when using the toilet snigger As for working in the shower compartment, I now have a new respect for Superman, having to change in phone boxes scratch head

Your right about getting the screws back in, I decided they were self tappers so there may be four new screw holes but the hatch has been reattached to where it was before. I've calmed down a bit today, although I'm going to phone A/S later about the damp problem so my mood may change again this afternoon biggrin

Tony
Askit
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:02 am

I am sure the name of Saint Autosleeper has been tarnished by coming under the Bishops See of Marquis who have similarly made ecumenical association with the supposedly former followers of Saint Benimar who manifest the same failings in faith and order. Instead of following the Saintly construction methods of their forefathers have turned to an economical cover up of their true faith in the methods of those great pilgrims of the past. Sadly it would seem we live in a world of less faith. Indeed the holy order of the screwdriver has been replaced with the new order of the power tool. The sacred methodology of tried and tested faith in a proven product replaced with the best price will do and use as little as possible. 
Followers are left with their faith in pieces as they seek to rectify and fortify their beliefs in the Saints. Many have been heard to shout out "Good God what the F@@k is that meant to be" when faced with hurdles to their faith in their faith and order practice. Be assured the devil has been up to his tricks here is the only certainly left to the devout.  hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Bless my soul  lol4

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Bless mine too!  twiddle_thumbs

My heater has packed up on electric, and I think it's the fuse - which I gather, is extremely difficult to replace.

No point in saying very much at the moment, but I will report back any useful info when our dealer has had a look, and hopefully fixed it. I'm told the problem arises because Messrs A/S fit the Truma Combi 6 units back to front, so the fuse is all but inaccessible. shrugg

More reliable information in a week or three, when I have it.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Sorry to hear that Dave, not a great time of year for that to happen  rolleyes Hope you get it sorted fairly quickly.

Must say I had forgotten about making the OP  scratch head My warranty work was finally completed the week before Christmas so perhaps it not so surprising. Still getting higher than acceptable moisture readings but (apparently) have to give it a few months before any further action will be taken. 

Ho hum  twiddle_thumbs

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:14 pm

Askit wrote:Sorry to hear that Dave, not a great time of year for that to happen  rolleyes Hope you get it sorted fairly quickly.

Must say I had forgotten about making the OP  scratch head My warranty work was finally completed the week before Christmas so perhaps it not so surprising. Still getting higher than acceptable moisture readings but (apparently) have to give it a few months before any further action will be taken. 

Ho hum  twiddle_thumbs
Hope you get your van sorted Tony, we had the same problem on our last van, the waste water drained out over your feet .
When we exchanged vans, one of the first things I checked was the bathroom w/h/b drainage pipe and guess what, it was disconnected.
Have a great Hogmanay .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:44 am

My waste pipe also popped off but surprisingly has stayed intact for 4 years now. The towel rail and door stay were both fixed with a spot of evo stik on the threads as I had no loctite on tour. The hot wardrobe was fixed by inserting the missing blanking plug in the open Truma outlet. I believe that the all but inaccessible bit on the back of the Truma is a reset button rather than a fuse but hsve never had cause to check it.
I am currently waiting for warmer weather to check the habitation door which has suddenly decided that it can only be closed properly with a very hard slam from inside otherwise it bounces to the not quite ckosed position which prevents the locking from working!
Dear Santa ......... Thank God I am a handyman.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:42 am

Thanks for the good wishes Boaby, same to you and yours, lang may  yir lum reek  allthumbz

I agree Ron, can't imagine how using the van would be if I didn't have some DIY skills. Latest minor annoyance was not being able to access our wardrobe as the lock jammed in normal use. A bit of brute force and ignorance got it open and the lock got taken off and cleaned up. It's working but a bit temperamental, suspect a more radical solution will be required in due course (which may or may not involve my favourite 2lb hammer)  snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by m8form8 Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:08 am

Those who under the Bishops See transferred to being ecumenical followers of Saint Benimar from the Saint Auto sleepers congregation. Constantly find the Bishops See of Marquis slow to respond depending on congregation to which they find themselves located. This follower is still waiting 6 months later for parts sent away for under warranty on what amounts to a wing and a prayer. Any prayerfully made supplication to the Bishops See needs both faith and perseverance to even get a response which might indicate an answer will be made one day. Trying to get an appointment to take ones Benimar in seems to take 6 weeks before they will even look at it. 
Quite frankly I am losing faith in the Saints and feel I shall ultimately be turning more Lutheran in faith. No wonder the protestant reformation took many from the Catholic wing to the new reformed orders. It would seem these thrive in the Germanic wing of faith with an improved protestant work ethic. One starts to feel ones faith might be restored next time in a Hymer or Hobby.  hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Thou will find no solace in the young Hy#er that resides near Groundhog Castle if it is typical of the faith, disappointment will reign upon thee, for it is but another piece of horses manure......... alittlesecret Nor did the disciple I met in France with his £150,000 Concorde find solace, indeed he enjoyed showing me what had broken or fallen off, a list of some significance. wave

If motorhome manufacturers made yachts we would all be sunk.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:06 pm

groundhog wrote:
If motorhome manufacturers made yachts we would all be sunk.

Brilliant!!  If ever the Forum decides to have a supplementary motto, that gets my vote! Thanks, Groundgog.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by NORGIL Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:16 am

Ye should all consider worshiping at the shrine of Saint Anthony of Padua (Patron saint of the elderly (motorhome), this is best achieved by buying a 15yr old monocoque, built like a yacht and made from girders. (most of the time ! ).

Happy New Year all.

Norgil
NORGIL
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down