The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Lancashire

+5
inspiredron
Peter Brown
PLOUGHLIN
burlingtonboaby
nitram
9 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Lancashire  Empty Autosleeper Lancashire

Post by nitram Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:30 am

I am looking at buying a Nuevo and I have just seen a Lancashire for sale. The salesman says it is a upgrade of the Nuevo with a bigger engine and better upholstery etc. Is this correct? Would you buy it?
nitram
nitram

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : symphony

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Lancashire  Empty Re: Autosleeper Lancashire

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:41 am

I believe to the Lancashire was the Marquis upgrade, it should have lots of extras including habitation air con, passenger airbag, cab a/c c/c etc.
If its a 130 Bhp engine then its the Peugeot/Ford puma engine fitted to most models. I had a 09 Nuevo es for three years and loved it, only sold it for the longer Sigma model.
One of the members will add to the list of extras and correct me if my comments are incorrect.
Would I buy one, no,I would prefer the Surrey or Broadway.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by nitram Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:05 am

Boaby , Thank you very much for your interesting and useful reply.
nitram
nitram

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:06 am

The handbook for the 2009 Lancashire says.

The Marquis Lancashire range are special editions of the Auto-Sleepers Nuevo models.Features are:
•Unique soft trim materials inside.
•Unique graphics outside.
•Habitation area air conditioning.
•Microwave oven, built into furniture.
•Integral awning.
All other systems and features are the same as the equivalent Auto-Sleepers model

Download the HB here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:17 am

In essence they are the same van - I'm waiting for Inspiron who has a Lancashire to give chapter and verse.

In any event, as always, if the van ticks the boxes for you, go for it. Because of customer input, very few vans in any AS model range are identical.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by nitram Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:40 am

Thank you Ploughlin and Peter, I must say I am very impressed with the way this forum works. The only thing I did not like about the Lancashire was that it does not say "Autosleeper" on the front which is surely a badge of honour!
nitram
nitram

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:51 pm

OK Peter!  My 2012 Lancashire is simply a Nuevo with extras as others have already mentioned. It has the premium pack as standard (not on basic Nuevo)
Premium Pack = Cruise Control, Cab aircon, alloy wheels.
Internal  - Yes it does have a microwave but I think that is standard on the Nuevo anyway, habitation Aircon using the Dometic CA1000 unit which many folks, including me, have found is underpowered and therefore the proverbial chocolate teapot, Avtex TV and aerial is the other extra (which may have been removed so watch it).
The Lancashire engine is the standard 130bhp Ford Puma and is really good, though I only get 26mpg on average.  Radio is standard Peugeot boxer, has sterring wheel controls but lacks bluetooth, usb or even a line in audio. It will play mp3 cd's though.
Very happy with ours - yes even with the Whale water system.  Lousy water level gauges but better since I sealed over the studs on fresh. I used to get waste coming up into the shower tray because of the way pipes are routed but that was cured with some non return valves.  Waste level does not give any indication till full!  The slide type of waste empty valve is MUCH better than the tap, if a bit inaccessible.
Check that the spare wheel mounting has been modified (a recall) - the key to lower it (kept in the jack box under passenger seat) should be black and pentagonal NOT silver and hexagonal section. There should also be a wierd black disk with 3 bolts that is needed for holding the alloy spare in the cradle if you have a puncture - not used for the steel spare.
It's a good van and once we had new aircon (Freshjet 1500) ticked all the boxes.  Outside wet locker is essential IMHO as is the overcab locker - much better on some 2012's and earlier than on the 2012's without the built-in awning. I think that the basic Nuevos also had the built in as opposed to planted on awning.
I hope that helps.

PS If it does not say AutoSleeper on the front then it must be an ES with overcab bed.  My low profile has a trim around the very front above the windscreen which has AUTOSLEEPER very clearly on it.  Mine is 3500kg - 3300kg is a bit light on payload but 3500 is ample. It would be less ample on an ES which is heavier unladen.

Last edited by inspiredron on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added PS)

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by nitram Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:14 pm

Thank you Inspiredron for all the information. Some very handy stuff there. It sounds like it's a good m/h anyway, there's just a few things I have to watch out for. Thanks again everybody.
nitram
nitram

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steve00136 Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:40 am

Very happy with our Lancashire - can only endorse what Ron says above but get 32 to 34 mpg!! Also very happy with our previous Nuevo. Both great compact vans.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 am

Be aware that some of the Puma powered engine units have had problems with the EGR valve, my 59,09 and 08 vans all had them replaced, some members report having 2 EGR valves replaced. Worth checking the history of the van , I don't know if this defect is restricted 07-2011 range of engine units, plenty of info on the forum regarding the subject .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip Bull Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:02 pm

I am also very happy with my 2011 Lancashire (except when I drive through Yorkshire!). 
When I bought it, I did not think that I would use all the extras, but hot weather in Portugal last year made the habitation air con very useful and I used the cruise control driving on european motorways. The 130bhp engine is great for the alpine gradients. I get about 30 mpg on a long run.
The only things that I have any issue with are shared by the standard Nuevo; body width is wider than the previous model and waste tank gauge only records empty or full (as noted by Inspiredron). Non return valves on the shower outlet pipes sounds like a good idea, as I also had this problem on my previous AS Clubman!
Hope you enjoy your Lancashire.
Phil

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo /Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by nitram Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:27 pm

Thanks Boaby for the info. I looked at the Surrey and the Broadway that you referred to and the first was a 4 birth and the second was too big, but thanks anyway.
nitram
nitram

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:17 pm

nitram wrote:Thanks Boaby for the info. I looked at the Surrey and the Broadway that you referred to and the first was a 4 birth and the second was too big, but thanks anyway.
I couldn't afford either van, we opted for a cheaper Sigma so we didn't have to swivel the front seats 180 to make up the single beds.
I slept up in the Luton and had some of the best nights sleep ever, I could shut the curtains and snore my head of without being woken by the wife, unfortunately the sigma has a smaller Luton , I sleep on one of long single beds without rotating the front seats.
Hope you find your ideal van .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wearsider Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:01 pm

Most interested to have more details of habitation air conditioning upgrade mention in this thread. Cost ?, installation difficulty ?, performance improvements ?, who carried out work-? etc.
Wearsider

Male

Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:24 pm

Wearsider wrote:Most interested to have more details of habitation air conditioning upgrade mention in this thread. Cost ?, installation difficulty ?, performance improvements ?, who carried out work-? etc.  

According to the AS Handbook for the Lancashire, Habitation area Aircon is already fitted as part of the Marquis upgrade. Don't you have it?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Looked at a Lancashire before we bought our Nuevo but were put off by the air con unit which is in the rooflight in tge kitchen and makes that area very dark. The original rooflight fitted by A/S is an MK unit which does not let much light in so A/S replaced it with a Mini Heki I supplied and the difference is amazing.
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Wearsider Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Yes I have the originals CA1000 unit. It is the upgrade to the larger unit (Freshjet 1500) that I am interested in have full details about. Inspiredron Post refers.
Wearsider

Male

Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Ok, sorry, understand now.

Donator
Donator

Male