The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dash Cams Best Choice?

+11
CC
Traficlady
logburner
Maasai Warrior
groundhog
paul bullock
peugeotboxer
alanlakes
steve00136
boxerman
gemdeco
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dash Cams Best Choice? - Page 2 Empty Another Option - part 2

Post by Motorwaycafe Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Motorwaycafe
Motorwaycafe

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Dash Cams Best Choice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dash Cams Best Choice?

Post by boxerman Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:30 am

This video reminded me of something which may be of use to you.
The satnav part is very similar to my Nuvi 2595. I had problems with mine switching itself off at random intervals and had it replaced under warranty, only for the replacement to behave in exactly the same way. Gamin sent me a new power lead which cured it for a while but then it started switching off again.
The powerleads have a traffic transmitter built in which has a plug in antenna, I found out by accident that unplugging the antenna cured the problem, and the transmitter still works fine without it.

He didn't tell you that you can change the word phrase to switch on the voice control.
The voice control on mine seems to have difficulties with my Lancashire accent, so I changed my phrase to 'Are you ignoring me?' which seems to work smile!

Would like to have seen more about the camera side of the device, I've already said what I think of LDWS & VPNS but details about the bitrate, resolution and the various settings etc.. would have been good.

It's not my cup of tea, I prefer my gadgets to be separate units, but being Garmin it will be a quality product with second to none backup.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Dash Cams Best Choice? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dash Cams Best Choice?

Post by Canoman1 Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:00 am

Took. The plunge and bought. A Transcend DrivePro200.  Today, excellent picture quality - easy to set up (1 minute) great features most of which work perfectly (the wifi feature is a bit slow with iphones etc but you probably wont need it anyway)
Got it from Argos and it now comes with a suction mount.
Seems a good buy so far.
Canoman1
Canoman1

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : Puegot B

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2