The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting locker shelves

+2
Gromit
Dave H
6 posters

Go down

Fitting locker shelves Empty Fitting locker shelves

Post by Dave H Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:39 am

I'm looking for some inspiration having wondered what would be the best method of fitting shelves in the top lockers of a 2013 Buevo ES. I've seen the shelves fitted in Cymro's vehicle which are excellent but the internal side panels in his 2015 model are solid wood. Mine have large cutouts which makes the fitting of shelf supports more complex. I have thought of different possibilities including fitting clamps horizontaly to the inside of the cutout with the back of the clamps supporting the shelves. Unable to find anything suitable and neat enough which would serve the purpose.
I assume that many owners have fitted shelves of some sort in similar lockers using various methods. Any "tips" as to how to go about it would be gratefully received bearing in mind I would like to get it right first time!  Thanks
Dave H

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Fitting locker shelves Empty Re: Fitting locker shelves

Post by Gromit Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:04 am

Without seeing your lockers it's impossible to envisage the cutouts - which (fortunately) neither Cymro nor I had to bother about.

If it's any help I cut my shelves carefully to length so they would only just go in, and supported them on rectangles of 5mm board held against the inside ends of the cupboard with double sided tape.

Among the advantages are :- no holes or other permanent impact on the van, and easily removable for adjustment when the wife says you put the shelves too high/low, so you don't have to get it right first time! Quite a relief, eh? up!

Hope this helps

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Are you absolutely committed to the idea of fitted wooden shelves ?

We find these ( top picture)  very useful and they allow for some flexibility as we can remove them easily if necessary. They can be bought from all sorts of places.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Quilter wrote:Are you absolutely committed to the idea of fitted wooden shelves ?

We find these ( top picture)  very useful and they allow for some flexibility as we can remove them easily if necessary. They can be bought from all sorts of places.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And well suited for my favourite 'fixing' material - blue tack!

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Thanks for those ideas always handy to see how people approach things from a different angle. Both ideas avoid the necessity of doing any possible damage to the permanent fittings and allow for repositioning which is a bonus of course. Inevitable I suppose that over a period of time it would be necessary to move things around as the need arises Thanks.
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Pleased to say that I have now fitted shelves in five of the high lockers. Once I know how to post images I will do so but the result is fine with the help of those fantastic wood cutting machines at B & Q! Also fitted front mud flaps bought from a Local Peugeot dealer. OK but it seems to me that bigger flaps would be better. Managed to create a secure storage for crockery and glasses using cut outs in a sheet of ply for some of the items and a Velcro strap to keep plates etc " tight". Nothing worse than rattles!
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi. Just trying to post some images concerning my last post. I have put 3 images on flikr and would like to know if these could be viewed by any forum members who might be interested. This is the first time I have used flikr and they went in as "public" rather than friends or family. Not sure if that is the way it should be done but assumed that if I limited it to friends or family there might not be access to the images on the forum.  Thanks
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:08 pm

I don't know Flickr, but if the pictures are public and Flickr gives you an IMG formatted link to them then you can literally copy and paste that link into your text here and the image will magically appear.

If not, it's almost trivial to set up a Photobucket account, and they have easily cilckable IMG links to all of the images that they host for you.

-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:33 pm

Thanks for that I shall have to give it a try!
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:59 am

I have managed to go so far with Photobucket but when attempting to "share" I get a request to pick a social media network. I have been following a post going back to 2011 explaining the process but the screens illustrated there do not seem to be the same now. Is there any update available on this subject? Thanks
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:11 am

Dave H wrote:I'm looking for some inspiration having wondered what would be the best method of fitting shelves in the top lockers of a 2013 Buevo ES. I've seen the shelves fitted in Cymro's vehicle which are excellent but the internal side panels in his 2015 model are solid wood. Mine have large cutouts which makes the fitting of shelf supports more complex. I have thought of different possibilities including fitting clamps horizontaly to the inside of the cutout with the back of the clamps supporting the shelves. Unable to find anything suitable and neat enough which would serve the purpose.
I assume that many owners have fitted shelves of some sort in similar lockers using various methods. Any "tips" as to how to go about it would be gratefully received bearing in mind I would like to get it right first time!  Thanks
New model Dave   scratch head  Buevo ES
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:38 am

Well spotted! Hadn't even noticed that. Doubt if AS will want to rename it!   Cheers
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Dave H wrote:I have managed to go so far with Photobucket but when attempting to "share" I get a request to pick a social media network. I have been following a post going back to 2011 explaining the process but the screens illustrated there do not seem to be the same now. Is there any update available on this subject? Thanks

Edit - just realised that I have typed out exactly the same answer as two other people did on the other thread where exactly the same question was asked. What a waste of time.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:32 pm

Sorry to have wasted your time. After posting here I thought that I should post the query as a new topic as it was irrelevant to the original topic here. I hoped to avoid any confusion by mentioning this in the other post but clearly should have mentioned it here as well.
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave H Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Perhaps I should explain here that I have been able to post the images at last, following some advice, under the topic. "Posts with Images" in the Community Section of the forum "Forum Related Questions etc."
Thanks for your help and regret any confusion caused. It all started with the idea of fitting additional locker shelves and securing the crockery in a recently purchased Nuevo. What a marathon!
Dave H

Male

Back to top Go down