The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEC Camping and Caravan Show Oct 2015

4 posters

Go down

NEC Camping and Caravan Show Oct 2015 Empty NEC Camping and Caravan Show Oct 2015

Post by Jaytee Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:59 am

Anyone going?

Do any of you know if there is a specific MH parking area in the day carparks and if there is how far from the show entrance as we will need to go back to the MH a couple of times during the day to walk the dogs smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

NEC Camping and Caravan Show Oct 2015 Empty Re: NEC Camping and Caravan Show Oct 2015

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:08 am

Can't say I've noticed specific area for motorhomes. When we went we were in the Symphony which of course fitted a standard parking bay. There are however buses that go around the whole parking areas so no matter how far away you have to park, you won't have far to walk.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

NEC Camping and Caravan Show Oct 2015 Empty Re: NEC Camping and Caravan Show Oct 2015

Post by nuevoboy Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Last time we went (2 years ago) they were directing most of the motorhomes into one specific car park, where all sizes of 'vans were parked, so no worrying about being within the lines. smile!

There are bus stops on the edge of most of the car parks to the main building. Just make sure you know which entrance you are dropped off at, because you'll probably need to go out from there to get the right bus back to your particular car park.

I'm not sure how they work out letting you back to your 'van though; maybe stamp you with a temporary tattoo. uncertain

We're going on the Tuesday, but I'm sure there'll be plenty left to buy after we've been. hugegrins
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:53 am

We are going on Tuesday also.

We normally arrive at the show around 9:15 and have always been within easy walking distance with no need for the bus service. We park at the rear of the car park along with other motorhomes so avoid the need to squeeze into a space.

Pass out of the show is by a ink stamp on the back of the hand.

Don't forget, if a CC member, your discount voucher from the latest CC Magazine entitling you to half-price admission (only on the Tuesday)

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Oh yes, my CC voucher arrived just after I'd booked online. so_sad
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Just checked my tickets and the show opens at 10:00.
I assume you can go into the piazza or atrium entrances and have coffee, say, before going into the show?
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:50 am

The piazza/atrium is open very early, it's linked to the rail station.
We do exactly what you're planning Nuevoboy i.e. have a decent cup of coffee before going in. It also gives you chance to study the guide and plan which stands to visit.

I also fell foul of buying tickets in advance last year because the club waited to the last minute to issue the coupon. I sold my tickets at the price I paid for them at the show and then used the coupon. Both parties happy with the deal !

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down