The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotswold EB

3 posters

Go down

Cotswold EB Empty Cotswold EB

Post by Gadabout Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:03 pm

Hello All,

We have taken delivery of Cotswold EB.  Have not had any problems with the water! Except that filling from empty it does take a while!  Filled the gas tank yesterday, which I was a bit concerned about, but did not have a problem. Now onto the Maxview television aerial!  We have had instructions - find North etc! sounds like a lot of hard work to me! Is this system a good one? More importantly, does it work well?
Regards,
Gadabout smile!
Gadabout
Gadabout

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : CotswoldEB 3.0
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Cotswold EB Empty Re: Cotswold EB

Post by Peter Brown Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:42 pm

There are a lot of different maxview terrestrial and satellite aerials. Can you specify the model and be more specific in your questions?

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:58 pm

I have a Cotswold but the fixed bed version but all the things you refer to are almost certainly common.
First, If your water is taking quite a while to fill from empty I would not mind betting you have the whale system where you have a square connector that engages in the square water inlet. If so these can be notoriously a bit slow. Its a small bore pipe inside and I am told there is just inside a filter which can get blocked. (I have this system but had Autosleepers install a second fill point which is the more common place hole in the wall which you can fill with a hose, a pump from an external tank or a watering can etc.) I now have the choice. The former does have one advantage in that it will shut off when the internal tank is full. Make sure that the control panel is activated for ths external pump or do as I do and leave it on 'both'.
The Maxview crank up ariel can be a bit fiddly the first time. But I have found if you wind it up to the correct elevation for the area you are in as shown on the map and then start from roughly north, the first satellite that you come across is the right Astra one. (roughly south east) I assume that in the cupboard you have the satellite locator device.Don't wish to be rude but are you using that properly. It takes me literally now a couple of minutes to get it up and running. I have seen automatic seeking systems take longer than me. It work perfectly for me and the areas I visit. (UK) not sure though about further south. Also Im not sure what maximum wind speed you can use it in. I've not had the need to fill the gas tank so you probably have more experience of that than me but  understand that you just follow the instruction on the pump to lock on the gas hose and it stops automatically when full (or I believe 80% as designed for safety) The tank is 25 litres in water size measurement as it were but the most you get in is 80% of that which at most 20 litres.
I have a Webasto heating system diesel and electric so the only gas I use is for 3 of the 4 rings and oven on the cooker (One ring is electric) so I don't reckon on using much gas at all.
Any other questions about the Cotswold I will try and answer to the best of my limited ability
Dave
chudders
chudders

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Gadabout Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Hello, Thankyou for replying.

We did not get any instruction books with the Maxview, so have no idea as to what the model number is! Hope to find a Maxview Dealer who may be able to show us just what we have to do!
Have never seen one before!
Regards
Gadabout
Gadabout
Gadabout

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : CotswoldEB 3.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Can you post pictures of the bits and read the model numbers?

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by chudders Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:19 am

If you look on the Maxview website there is a page marked product support where you will find the product you have and all the installation and USER instructions
There are pictures that will enable you to identify your aerial.
chudders
chudders

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold FB

Back to top Go down