The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on Nuevo II

+5
moggyminor1966
Gromit
burlingtonboaby
rose49f
Ann B
9 posters

Go down

Advice on Nuevo II  Empty Advice on Nuevo II

Post by Ann B Sat May 23, 2015 6:35 pm

After almost three years with our Topaz we are considering a change.  The Topaz was our first motor home and we have loved the experience, especially the 'driveability' and the way she fitted in any car park space.  

I do struggle with the compact nature of the Topaz now and it is getting harder to clamber over the bed to get to the top locker and making the double bed up is also starting to be a struggle with one of us outside and the other trying to pull the bases out.

Always liked the look of the Nuevo as it seems to pack a load more in little more space than the Topaz, and it would still fit on our drive.  Double bed looks easier to make up as well with space between the cab seats to use and lots of lockers.

Have seen a 2011 Nuevo II for sale and we are going for a look on Monday so views from existing owners very welcome.  Particularly interested in how easy it is to make the double bed, if singles are ok (I see the cab seats are offset and wondered if that was a problem).  Where do you store Duvalays, if you use (we don't as we have no room)?  Are the lined curtains sufficient or will we need silver screens as well?  
Plus any more views or handy hints.

Thanks
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Advice on Nuevo II  Empty Re: Advice on Nuevo II

Post by rose49f Sat May 23, 2015 7:18 pm

I had a Trident before and am so pleased with my Nuevo ES. Haven't had the double bed up but sleep either in the luton or on the single beds. Both are great. I did buy a silver screen from ebay for £50 and find it's a lot cosier with. Only had it since March but love it. Easier to drive and have been to Tesco's. Both front seats swivel so you have plenty of room. Go for it. You won't regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
up! up!
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat May 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi Ann 
We had our 09 Nuevo EK ES for three years and enjoyed every minute of it, we had the es version with plenty of storage in the Luton over cab area.
If your looking at the EK (2 berth ) low profile van,it has two long bench seats with plenty of storage for bedding underneath.
The two front seats swivel 180 degrees to provide a two long single beds, the make up of the double bed in the es van involves re-configuring the beach seats and back rests.
The curtains are lined and suitable for privacy at night, however they drop down behind the front seats leaving the dashboard open. We have a set of new Taylormade screens, so our front curtains will stay folded.
We decided to change for a longer van last year as I wanted longer single beds without using the front seats.
Hope you enjoy your Nuevo if you buy it.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sat May 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Ann

Making the double bed takes less than a minute.

Side benches slide to middle, the backrests drop down and may need a poke to settle them down, chuck the duvets on the bed and climb in. (Assuming you use one thin and one thicker duvet to cater for the seasons. If only one, spreading the sheet takes seconds only.)

The longest part of the whole process is rolling up the duvet the following morning to stow it in the overhead locker. That quite literally takes longer than anything else, so you need have no worries about bed making.

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Sat May 23, 2015 8:06 pm

We have a 2011 Nuevo EK and love it. We used to make up the bed as a double which is quite easy but now find making 2 singles is easier at night especially when you need to go to the loo.
You can park in a supermarket car park with very little overhang. It is a doddle to drive.
We have inside windscreen covers as it does get quite chilly in the cab area at night and with the curtains drawn round it is very cosy.
The over cab locker is huge and we put 2 single duvets in and sheets and the silver screens.
We have bought 2 pillow shape cushions which we use during the day and slip pillowcases on at night for sleeping!
Just make sure you get a damp report and habitation check.
smile!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by streetglider Sun May 24, 2015 10:21 am

Hi Ann,

Our 2009 EK fits on the drive which was a major reason for purchase. We like the convenience of loading and the ability to just drive away.
We had a Mk I before so knew the layout which suits the two of us. The bed is a doddle to make and unmake with bedding (pillows, duvet) stored in the centre overhead locker and sheet + overlay fitted to the side. With the bed made there's still room to move around, dress and undress and make the morning coffee.
Storage is plenty big enough and the wardrobe takes all jackets, trousers, dresses, etc. Loo facilities are good, although compact as you'd expect in a van of this size. I'm 6'1" and an ex rugby player and even I fit in the shower with plenty of room to move about. The water heater provides plenty of hot water. Kitchen facilities are excellent with the electric hob reducing the use of our gas. Fridge is good and keeps the wine (rose usually) cool.
Performance from the 2.2 Peugeot is perfectly adequate, although we've had ours increased to 130 hp which makes it even better. Perhaps the best improvement we've made (so far) is the fitting of Dunlop air assist suspension. It changes the ride completely and can be easily adjusted to suit individual requirement.
Make sure the one you buy is 'a good un' and I'm sure you won't regret it. We've had all five models of VW (including a splitty which we should have kept) and we know they're great vehicles but you won't regret the extra benefits you get in a Nuevo (sounds like an advertisement, doesn't it !)

Don
streetglider
streetglider
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Sun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone. As usual this forum comes up trumps.  Bit concerned about mention of getting a damp report, is this a problem with Nuevos, or just a precaution?

I like the idea of a cooker as up to now we have relied on the remoska or the two burners.  Will go look at the Nuevo and if we think it's the one for us will look round for one a couple of years younger.  Can't afford a new one unfortunately unless we win the lottery.
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sun May 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi, we have a Nuevo 2012 ek low profile ,so no above cab locker like some .We have had it from new so we are in our 4th year of ownership ,we previously had a Hymer c class and a Pilote low profile both under 6M in length,which is why we were attracted to the Nuevo .It has proven to be a really good design,albeit with some build issues common with other forum members! The beds are really comfortable [double] and as mentioned, literally a couple of minutes to make up.  The cab curtains are of a good quality and a generous size in fact although we have interior "silver screens" we seldom use them! Only usually when parked up for the winter.There is plenty of storage under seats etc ,all in all a really good M/H that I would thoroughly recommend! Hope it all goes well !   Kind regards     Paul up!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 pm

Just read your message which you posted while I was typing mine! We have not had any problems remotely to do with damp and I consider looking at how it is constructed that A/S, don't have this as a problem. Regards    Paul
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Sun May 24, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks Paul.
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun May 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi Ann

No make of van is entirely immune from damp, but if Autosleepers were prone to it (like at least one other marque I could mention) you would soon be aware of it on the forums. It's no surprise that people like to share their troubles with other owners, but there seem to be very few A/S owners with damp problems.

As Moggy said though, I would still get a damp check done, and ask for a certificate as part of the deal. If there did happen to be any water ingress it often causes very expensive problems. If you have a certificate and find a problem a few months later, at least you will have some "comeback".

Better safe than sorry. content

Dave

P.S. We just took delivery of our fourth Nuevo. Need I say more!! allthumbz
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by moggyminor1966 Sun May 24, 2015 2:07 pm

paul bullock wrote:Just read your message which you posted while I was typing mine! We have not had any problems remotely to do with damp and I consider looking at how it is constructed that A/S, don't have this as a problem. Regards    Paul

Well perhaps we were unlucky but we had a damp problem on the outside locker door. We had to have a complete new locker as rain had penetrated and also on the inside we had to have some of the frame replaced. It was done by Southwest Motorhomes who did a magnificent job. The chap who did the repair left the wire door retainers off as he said they can prevent the door from sealing properly. I have had no further problems since and only discovered it as there was dark staining on the bed frame just inside the locker door.
It had been to West Country Motorhomes for a habitation check last year and on the damp check it did show a high reading but they told me to leave it till next year as it could dry out. As it happens this was bad advice.
Needless to say it will be going to S W Motorhomes now for its check especially as it is less than a mile from where we live!
moggyminor1966
moggyminor1966

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by steve00136 Mon May 25, 2015 9:38 am

On our first mk1 Nuevo the double beds were mounted on a metal frame that slid out on rollers in seconds like a dream. We were disappointed when we got our mk2 Nuevo to find that this arrangement had been changed to a caravan style slatted wooden pull out base - ok but not as good think probably as a result of a weight saving / cost saving exercise. The changeover seems to have happened around 2009.
But still an excellent van.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon May 25, 2015 12:25 pm

steve00136 wrote:On our first mk1 Nuevo the double beds were mounted on a metal frame that slid out on rollers in seconds like a dream. We were disappointed when we got our mk2 Nuevo to find that this arrangement had been changed to a caravan style slatted wooden pull out base - ok but not as good think  probably as a result of a weight saving / cost saving exercise. The changeover seems to have happened around 2009.
But still an excellent van.
And they finally realised it was a mistake Steve.

The latest ones are back to the metal frame, and I entirely agree with you. Far superior!

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steve00136 Mon May 25, 2015 3:35 pm

That's good news - pity I'm going to have to wait for one of these later vans to fall into our price bracket.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by fmh22 Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Collected our new Nuevo EK on Friday and have been playing with it all weekend. Having caravanned for 27 years we thought we might be short of storage space but so far so good. We went for the Fiat Ducato with auto box and front cupboards instead of the skylight and think it is even better than we remembered when ordering it at the NEC last October.

Off to Yorkshire to try it out for a couple of nights then back to Marquis to rectify a couple of minor items (so far).

up! up!
fmh22
fmh22

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon May 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum from Bridlington ,,hope you enjoy your trip to Yorkshire.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann B Mon May 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Went to look at the 2011 Nuevo EK and gave it a good going over, turning seats, testing single bed layout, opening doors and cubbyholes.  Really like the van and have convinced Mr B (didn't take much convincing) that this is the van for us.
So much storage space, and the settees/beds seem very comfy.

Wasn't to impressed with the van on display though as the offside front wing looked to have been re sprayed by a 10 year old.  So now we start the search for a 2012/2013 Nuevo EK and try to find out what a reasonable trade-in price for our 2007 Topaz would be (33000 miles).

Wish me luck!
Ann B
Ann B
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon May 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi Ann
Good luck with your trade in negotiations, the dealerships really have it shown up, most of them use "Glasses guide" for caravan and motorhome prices.
Some of the vans on forecourts are almost the same price as they would have been new 5 or 6 years ago,
Minus the VAT.
Boaby

I notice that Marquis have two 2012 Nuevo EKs in stock.
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down