The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why bother

3 posters

Go down

Why bother Empty Why bother

Post by modelman Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:16 pm

I ALWAYS wash the motorcycles, cars & motorhome myself, always have done, BUT, yesterday, the car had a bit of salt from the roads & as I passed one of those many ( Polish?? ) car wash places that have sprung up I thought I'd try one & give it a go, drove in, paid the money & was surrounded by several pretty young things ( nothing to do with it- honest, & SWMBO was with me as well ) & they all vigorously got stuck-in & did the business,  a right cracking job they did as well!! ( the car, not me )
Within sight of the car wash, & big truck pulled out in front of us, & as it sped up, about a ton of wet gooey mud was flung skywards from his nice new & deeply treaded tyres & you guessed it, all over the car, bonnet, screen, roof, back, sides,  he'd just come from a building site!!
The car was about 10 times muckier then before we went in.

Washed the car when I got home.  Ho hum. tap_fingers

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Why bother Empty Re: Why bother

Post by m8form8 Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Well at least it got the grime off and left fresh stuff to be washed off I guess. So many of these hand car washes overcharge around here in Brighton, great one in Portsmouth often just stop by as only a tenner inside and out and done properly too.  up!
m8form8
m8form8

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Why bother Empty Re: Why bother

Post by chrisvesey Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi,
My wife likes to feed the birds and our garden often looks like a hitchcock film. They repay us by perching on the TV aerial and pooing copiously all over my freshly washed car and driveway,
Chris
Shotgun ?
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: