The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review

+9
deckie
Neuvosleeper
DickandJanGlover
john simm
DuxDeluxe
Ramblingon
groundhog
Rednose
CC
13 posters

Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review

Post by CC Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Saw this & thought it might be of interest to one or two members in the future.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty Auto-Sleeper Worcester Review

Post by Rednose Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:11 am

That was a really fabulous MH - thanks for downloading it!

Rednose smile!
Rednose
Rednose
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Inca EK 4 berth

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review

Post by groundhog Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Can't wait until March next year when I get mine, anyone else out there ordered one?
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty Re: Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review

Post by Ramblingon Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Far too poor! hugegrins Glad someone can afford one- I wish you well with your purchase, many happy days to come I hope. up!
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Looks vaguely familiar......
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by john simm Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Would need to win the lottery to afford that one I think snigger
john simm
john simm

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Is there anyone out there has bought a Worcester yet and already taken delivery? Ours arrives in March but in the meantime any feedback would be good!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty Worcester Owner!

Post by DickandJanGlover Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:08 pm

We have a Worcester, took delivery early November and used it twice so far for short breaks in the West Country. We like it! smile!

Ask questions if you wish and you might be answered by either Dick or Jan.
DickandJanGlover

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Dick and Jan will pm you - glad you are pleased with yours!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty A/S Worcester vidio review.

Post by Neuvosleeper Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Well produced video, then i realised it was a dealer, so the rattles and pre used problems were not in evidence. Then, Mercedes are the RR of chassis builders so I am in no position to critizise, after 4000m in my 2011 Nuevo 11 E .K. Peugeot based M/H I now have a reasonably smooth ride after locating squeaky rubbing cables ,catches that rattle, heater that danced and the replacment of the Thetford Fridge. Make sure your supplier has tried the fridge overnight and takes you for a trip prior to delivery, my best wishes are with you, for "over the moon" camping 2012. Smooth away now in our's. wave Brian.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi Neuvosleeper... Just to clarify, the video is from the Caravan Channel & it's an independent review up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty A/S Worcester Video review

Post by Neuvosleeper Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 pm

I got bored with info already registered, so many of these" exciting" people say nothing about the down-side which is inevitable in every build. I would prefer to hear about the "problems" faced by we owners once the baby is in our pram !! have noted a few from my purchase in May 2011. I am a long term motorhomer --since 1966 Bedford 3 speed "Dormobile" from Martin Walker. Love the Forum. Brian. smile!
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 pm

It has arrived! Finally got our Worcester, drives beautifully, loads of space and some really nice touches, really love the Merc you can tell the quality is there.

First impressions great, but a few niggles (expected), driven home only so far and the oven door opens every time you hit a bump plus a couple of other silly things. Just a matter of time before I knock the stupid drain off that is under the back two inches from the ground!

Over all early days but should be a great van!!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Brill Groundhog, enjoy your new 'Toy' allthumbz

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty Groundhog airborne!

Post by DickandJanGlover Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Wey Hey Groundhog, you got it. J wants to know whether your bum warmers work and what colour your upholstery is. Typical! Let us know how you get on. drinksallround

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty Auto sleeper Worcester video review

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Groundhog
Delighted you have received your new van, it's too big for my driveway, would love one all the same.i hope it's put together better than some of the Cotswolds members have brought to the forum with their problems.
Boaby allthumbz
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty new Van

Post by murph Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 am

Hi Groundhog,
Hope you enjoy your new van and as most people know you would expect to find some niggles in the early days with new vans, but from recent posts both AS and the dealers should be more dilligent (good word) in their quality control and PDIs. smile!

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:45 am

Enjoy the new van - I wanted a merc chassis but had to settle for a Sevel one...... Not at all jealous, much!
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Auto-Sleeper Worcester Video Review Empty worcester review

Post by bayleyz Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:50 pm

Hello this is my first ever question!! My wife and i have just seen a Worcester and even though we were adamant on a rear lounge we really like the layout and look of this van. The size ,space, finish seem excellent, however this will be our first m/home and we are wondering if anybody can give us a review of this van if they are current or past owners of a worcester. Being a large investment we are keen to gather any feedback as to reliability /build etc, it seems as if this brand is very good but i am just being a little cautious! Many thanks Paul.
bayleyz
bayleyz

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester to be purc

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:38 pm

bayleyz wrote:Hello this is my first ever question!! My wife and i have just seen a Worcester and even though we were adamant on a rear lounge we really like the layout and look of this van. The size ,space, finish seem excellent, however this will be our first m/home and we are wondering if anybody can give us a review of this van if they are current or past owners of a worcester. Being a large investment we are keen to gather any feedback as to reliability /build etc, it seems as if this brand is very good but i am just being a little cautious! Many thanks Paul.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum ..... Our third NZ member allthumbz

Can't help with advice on the Worcester but I'm sure others will up!

In the mean time, can you tell us all a bit about yourself in the "New members introduce yourself" section,

Regards,

Brian & Chris

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi Paul

Have sent you a PM, only had ours a short time but impressed so far and looking forward to more exhaustive testing soon.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:57 pm

I came across this thread by accident and thought it might be interesting to some to see how the van has been 10 years and 30000 miles later!
Love the layout, it would be nice to have a fixed bed but we need the huge lounge for.... lounging! The Merc part has given zero problems apart from a water jacket leak after 60 miles and before we even got it home ( fixed instantly by Mercedes), still drives perfectly although a big improvement in rattles by reducing the tyre pressures unladen to 58F/65R. With 29500 miles on the clock still on the original tyres and plenty of meat left yet. Gearbox smooth and the whole thing a joy to drive. Rear ground clearance has not been a problem but I moved the stupid drain tap on to a drop down system which has helped,
Autosleeper part has been overall as good as any other van we have owned and far better than a legendry German one. Most of the problems have been stupid niggly things through less than substantial fitting. Table drawer out of line, heater vents not connected properly, screws missing or too small. Nothing that couldn't be easily fixed and all major fitting have been perfect.
Non Autosleeper bits, the crapice oven, rattle box or whatever you call it, how many hours have I spent "fettling" the thing to stop it rattling. It is pretty good now with an extra door catch, spring loaded hinges and a few more screws in it. How can you hang an oven in place with a few tiny screws and expect it not to work loose and rattle. Truma combi 4 went wrong recently but after spending a fortune on circuit boards, fans and whatever it turned out to be just the switch! Fridge, microwave no issues at all.
Integrated awning, I can see why they dropped that idea! Works perfectly but has to be lifted in to place to catch and no amount of adjustment seems to fix it, I am sure there is a way but I am yet to find it.
Overall then it has been a very good van, a few mostly avoidable issues but thankfully nothing major, the important thing though it is the most comfortable motorhome we have ever owned, it really is luxurious to live in. I see absolutely no reason to spend £100K on a new one when this one does such a great job.
And oh yes, the bum warmer seats are lovely!
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Clubman Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Hi, it was interesting reading your recent thread as I have recently purchased a 2012 Worcester. We love the layout etc. As you say the cooker is a rattle box but we have made a few adjustments to reduce the noise. 
Are you saying that you have heated seats where would the switch be for them? . Ours has more switches than a jumbo jet. Previous owners fitted several extras so switches everywhere. The awning light has stopped working hoping it is only the bulb. Have you had to remove the awning light cover? I have tried but don't want to damage it. We have the same issue with the awning.
Clubman
Clubman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:31 pm

Clubman wrote:Hi, it was interesting reading your recent thread as I have recently purchased a 2012 Worcester. We love the layout etc. As you say the cooker is a rattle box but we have made a few adjustments to reduce the noise. 
Are you saying that you have heated seats where would the switch be for them? . Ours has more switches than a jumbo jet. Previous owners fitted several extras so switches everywhere. The awning light has stopped working hoping it is only the bulb. Have you had to remove the awning light cover? I have tried but don't want to damage it. We have the same issue with the awning.
Hope your worcester brings you lots of happy travels, if you need to know anything and think I may be able to help just pm me.
Never replaced the awning light or tried to remove it I am afraid so can't really help on that one, I believe they are standard to several models so someone else may be able to assist.
I doubt you have heated seats, when we bought the van we specified them from Mercedes as a special order along with a couple of other things, sidewind assist being one. In the unlikely event that you do have them the switches are on the dashboard and very obvious in the centre consol. You can have sidewind assist retrofitted by any dealer. Oddly it is something that I have no idea how effective it is because I have never driven the van without it, seems pretty stable in high winds though.
Enjoy your new van, biased but a great choice. allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Clubman Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 pm

wave
Hi, Thank you for reply it is very much appreciated. I will have to spend some time fiddling with the switches to see what is what. There is an inverter fitted somewhere in the motor home which I am yet to find. As for wind assist not something I am familiar with. I haven't noticed any problem with the wind whilst driving. I am sure we will enjoy our travels in  our new motorhome as I hope you continue to enjoy yours.
Clubman
Clubman

Male

Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down