The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's happened while we were away?

5 posters

Go down

what's happened while we were away? Empty what's happened while we were away?

Post by oldfred Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Not really grumpy more shocked to see a different look to ASOF since last month. Still I look forward to going through the posts and telling you about our European trip sometime later this week.
Regards
Fred
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

what's happened while we were away? Empty Re: what's happened while we were away?

Post by mikethebike Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi Fred, Yes change is every where. Wait to you get to Spain and see what they are up to.
Robbers everywhere.

Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

what's happened while we were away? Empty Re: what's happened while we were away?

Post by Dutto Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Fred,

Welcome home.

I too was surprised at the new colours; but I am coping with it. allthumbz

drinksallround
Ian

Mike,

Heard the latest "We was gassed!" tale?

According to legend, the six people in the van all woke up with a headache to discover that the motorhome door had been forced and the regulation high value stuff was "stolen" whilst they were unconscious!

Subsequent tests showed that all six people had high levels of carbon-monoxide in their bloodstream and this was put down to "robbers" hooking up a car exhaust to the van and using the fumes as an anaesthetic gas!

Call me cynical but:

1.  If someone attached a car exhaust to my van and by some miracle I survived I would expect the local Police to class it as "Attempted Murder" on the basis that exhaust gas is often the "poison of choice" for suicides and death is a common side-effect!!

2.  Unlike anaesthetic gases I have SIX carbon-monoxide generators in my van in the form of two gas burners, one gas oven, one gas grill, one gas water-heater and one gas space heater.  I would be more inclined to suspect that one of those had been faulty or ill-used rather than "robbers" trying to kill me.

3.  Luckily, yet again, the people were fully insured!

My view that there is very little truth in these reports is therefore unchanged!

Enjoy your break.  I can assure you that there is no need to rush home to experience today's weather! tap_fingerstap_fingers

Best regards,
drinksallround
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:33 pm

HI Ian,Nice to have you back.  I was suspicious as they had thousands of pounds/euros stolen, returning from holiday.!!
Trouble with the comms on the land?

Best regards

Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by kenjones Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Anyone else have a carbon monoxide detector fitted in thier van?
Like all the rest of us who burn gas for various reasons I make my own CO and I sleep much easier with the detector working.
kenjones
kenjones
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : T4 Topaz LE
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:45 pm

kenjones wrote:Anyone else have a carbon monoxide detector fitted in thier van?
Like all the rest of us who burn gas for various reasons I make my own CO and I sleep much easier with the detector working.

Yes, me:

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t12206-co-gas-detector-for-peace-of-mind
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down