The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't waste my time

4 posters

Go down

Don't waste my time Empty Don't waste my time

Post by modelman Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Got an e-mail from the Camping & caravan club stating that as my insurance was soon due, they'd like to offer me a quote, so far so good.

So, I get out all the relevant paperwork, & set-to filling the  forms etc.

Again, so far so good.

Press the 'continue' button & big red writing comes up, 'Sorry, we only quote for a max of 30 days before its due'.
Mine is due 21st September.

So, STUFF the C&CC, if they can't be bothered to put that sentence at the beginning of the form, then I can't be bothered to use them. sensored1 

Got the 'ump now.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Don't waste my time Empty Re: Don't waste my time

Post by rogerblack Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:19 pm

We had the same thing with our buildings & contents insurance via the AA which was due to come up for renewal during our recent 7 week trip to France.  I called them before leaving to get a renewal quote only to be told they couldn't renew more than 30 days in advance. 

Their loss - we got a much better quote from Saga (yes, I know they're all the same lot now!) who were quite happy to commence cover from the date our existing policies ran out. Their policy was more extensive and premium considerably cheaper. 

Interestingly, the maximum permitted period of unoccupancy was 30 days with AA but 60 days with Saga; although not relevant to us, as our daughter still lives at home so is there when we're away, this may be of interest to others here.

Had an email last week asking for feedback as to why we hadn't renewed with the AA - told them in no uncertain terms!

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:53 pm

There's an old saying that goes:

"He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon!"

Just substitute Insurance Company for Devil and it all falls into place!  hugegrins  hugegrins 

Best regards,
 drinksallround 
Ian

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by skylark11 Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:34 am

hello i bought our motorhome 3 years ago, and joined the c and cc, so looking for quotes was asking the ccc, and they said ex amount of pounds, i said WHY?  they said because i was in an accident i had to pay more|||??? i said somebody had run into me from behind so its not my fault, but they wouldnt have it so i went with caravanguard, they said no problem not my fault, crazy eh scratch head
skylark11
skylark11

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Ravenna
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down