The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my awning

+3
bulldog01
boxerman
vince
7 posters

Go down

my awning Empty my awning

Post by vince Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 am

hi vince here ,new member ,, thanks for letting me join your club ,,,, i have bought a ffb motor caravan early this year ,, and love it ,, i havnt took it for a spin yet , but look forward to a trip end of this month ,it and my maiden voyage ,,,,, now for my only problem ,, i open fully my awning to let flies out and let it get some fresh air on it ,,it wont go back in ,, its about 12 inches stuck out ,,can you help please
vince
vince

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : none

Back to top Go down

my awning Empty Re: my awning

Post by boxerman Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Vince, welcome to the forum  wave  What's an ffb? I take it that the awning is a Fiamma / Orminster wind out one? I suspect that something must have become misplaced when you wound it out. Personally, I'd wind it out again and check the the extending arms have not moved where they ar bolted to the front bit. Or that anything is not jammed in the mechanism.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldog01 Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:26 pm

asof_welcome2
bulldog01
bulldog01

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

my awning Empty omnistor 4000

Post by vince Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:55 pm

boxerman wrote:Hi Vince, welcome to the forum  wave  What's an ffb? I take it that the awning is a Fiamma / Orminster wind out one? I suspect that something must have become misplaced when you wound it out. Personally, I'd wind it out again and check the the extending arms have not moved where they ar bolted to the front bit. Or that anything is not jammed in the mechanism.

Frank
ffb is my mercedez motorhome ,, the awning is omnistor 4000,, i wound it out without putting the legs down first , i did not know this was the action needed ,, anyway when i wound it back up ,it wont go into its housing by about 12 inches ,, it feels like the roll is full ,, i have tried wd 40 ,, on all the working parts ,, perhaps i have done damage putting the awning understrain ,, confused3 thanks frank for your text 
vince shrugg
vince
vince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Go on then,,  we are making progress its a Merc, new one, old one model name ?

When asking questions on forums (not just this one) its handy for the reader to know what model is under discussion along with the chassis manufacturer
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Try winding back out to say, 1-1/2 metres, drop the legs to lift the canopy about a foot, then re-wind it back in so there is no load on the outer-bar, bring the legs in a bit & at the same time lower them a bit as well, you might find it was 'hanging-down' too much as it was wound back in.
There can be a fair out weight when it right out, so I always drop the legs after about 1m or so, then adjust them out & up 2 or 3 times as its wound out, in other words, try & roll it out ( & back in ) under as little load as possible.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:07 pm

The only ffb motorhome I can find is a Tabbert not an Autosleeper. They use both Fiat and Mercedes. If this is correct then I don't see that we would be much help although awning-wise they are probably similar.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

my awning Empty 1994

Post by vince Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:29 pm

roli wrote:Go on then,,  we are making progress its a Merc, new one, old one model name ?

When asking questions on forums (not just this one) its handy for the reader to know what model is under discussion along with the chassis manufacturer
ok got the message ,will try to give better info next time ,,,roger its a1994  ffb mec thats all i can give you  ,as far as i know its all mec  regards
vince
vince

Male

Back to top Go down

my awning Empty awning

Post by vince Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:51 pm

modelman wrote:Try winding back out to say, 1-1/2 metres, drop the legs to lift the canopy about a foot, then re-wind it back in so there is no load on the outer-bar, bring the legs in a bit & at the same time lower them a bit as well, you might find it was 'hanging-down' too much as it was wound back in.
There can be a fair out weight when it right out, so I always drop the legs after about 1m or so, then adjust them out & up 2 or 3 times as its wound out, in other words, try & roll it out ( & back in ) under as little load as possible.
thank you ,, what you say makes real sense ,, i will try this evening ,, ,although i got my partner to hold canopy up with a broom to take the wait off last time ,,it still would not go back in ,, i wish i had done what you advice at the start ,, hope i havnt done damage ,,regards and thanks vince
vince
vince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy-Darcy Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:24 am

Make sure the legs have been put in place the correct way around. I can't exactly remember which was the wrong way but I had trouble such as this previously. Also have a look at the feet to make sure they are not in the way of the housing  smile!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down