The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo models

+2
roli
IvorC
6 posters

Go down

Nuevo models Empty Nuevo models

Post by IvorC Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:22 am

Hi,

We are thinking of trading in our AS Executive (1998) van for a newer Nuevo 2 berth EK version. I am confused by all the different models and the dates and significance of changes. There seem to be ones based on the older boxer with square head lights, then some on boxers with the lozenge shaped lights, then the Nuevo 2 and then .............

Anyone got a quide to what happened and when and recommendations,

Cheers
IvorC
IvorC

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Nuevo models Empty Re: Nuevo models

Post by roli Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 am

When the Nuevo was launched it was on a Boxer Chassis, there was also a Marquis branded version called the Lancashire.   EK = end kitchen    ES = extra seat (or what I call the Talisman layout)
Available as low profiles orwith a luton.

Chassis then changed to the current X250, the vans remained the same for a while and later AS decided to widen them and called them Nuevo Mk2.  

This was fine for many people but one of the selling features of the Nuevo and Lancashire originally was its narrower width (similar to the Exec & Talisman) the new van was wider so for a short period AS introduced the Nuevo Classic which was on the new chassis but narrower than the Mk2.
The van has gradually grown to its current size through annual changes and IMO has now lost its market.
If you add the various incarnations up this has to be one of the all time best selling AS vans.

As alternatives (similar vans/layouts) look at the Marquis Devon (Merc Chassis) or the AS Eton, no longer made  (Ford Chassis)

If you need to be specific on dates then the guy to help would be Peter Brown as I think he has this type of info
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:55 am

I'm afraid the data I have access too does not differentiate between the variants. I can't better Rogers answer but he did forget to mention the Orian Zeta - a Nuevo Classic with some blue panels!

As AS continually vary component specification (heaters, water fill, Heki, etc) even vans of the same age can have a slightly different fit out so look very carefully to make sure its exactly what you expect before you buy.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:32 am

As a recent used Nuevo purchaser (see thread Re: Nuevo ES to buy or not to buy) I agree with Peter that models registered in the same year van vary.

I prefer the slightly smaller 'classic' model and agree the new models especially the ES are not really the same van.

If you want an EK why not look at the ES as well. You will get extra storage above the cab and the ability to take extra passengers. If you prefer you can take out the extra headrests, which IMO are too high anyway, and leave it made up in an EK layout.

We also have extra cushions and 'day covers' for our pillows so that we can lounge with our feet up. Also turning the front seats sideways is usually the first thing we do when park for a picnic or on a site.

Hope this helps
Frede
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Auto-Sleeper : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:55 pm

I agree with oldfred (not that old!) on the "Classic" if they had still made it I would have have downsized with a new Classic last year.   They dont so im not swopping, the Transits a better chassis and engine anyway.
The Sevil vans (Pugs, Cits and Fiat etc ) use the less powerfull Transit FWD 2.2 engine
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by IvorC Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks for the thoughts so far we are still looking - what is meant by a Sevil Van - my ignorance is boundless..... scratch head
IvorC
IvorC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Read above

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi
I'm not sure what your budget is, but I came across this a few week ago, which is the Classic version that Roli mentions last seen around 2009, but its a very late model (or late registered) in 2010
and in ES form (i.e with two rear travel). The narrow width on this model is a real bonus (IMO).  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Nuevo was a cracking little van but I agree with Roli the later models have lost their way a little bit.

Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:38 pm

Looking at the 2010 classic advertised I am surprised how different it is to my 2009 ES
The awning is not built in and the 'swing shower' has been replaced the earlier (classic ?) windowed washroom.

Another difference is the lighter upholstery, looks good, but doesn't hide the spilled tea and coffee stains like mine.

I think the price a bit high but they might take a lower offer or give a good trade in price. For my own van I accepted the price but got a free reversing camera setup and half price solar panel and controller all fitted before I picked it up.
It already had a bike rack.

In my own experience of looking and buying, good second hand Nuevo's don't stay long at the dealers.
Best of luck
Not so oldfred
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nevergiveup Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:05 pm

We have a 2009 registered Nuevo Classic EK, and it is exactly as Oldfred described.Light upholstery and no swing shower wall. Also only has simple 12v control unit.They do vary.......

David
nevergiveup
nevergiveup

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm

We've got an 07 Nuevo EK, new shape, I think its on a Boxer250 chassis. Fitted with a 3ltr up-grade, superb! We've got a swing out shower, and the Truma "Ultra Store" water heater. Great Van! Mike
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:19 pm

Hope I'm not becoming a bore on this subject (which means I am).  I'll use my own van's paperwork to show how complex it is to date a motor-home compared to buying a used car of a certain year.

My ES has the same cab as Mike's and was probably bought in by AS in 2006 or 7 (Boxer handbook is 2006 I think as it has a number AN.06BOX 0031).

The SvTech Converters Plate (A4 sheet) is dated 24/09/07.

The Leisure Accommodation Vehicle Electrical Installation Certificate is dated 23/10/2007. I assume this was when AS finished building it.

It was first registered 31/03/2009. ? due to AS difficulties over the previous two years?

Probably this is more confusing than helpful.
Feeling a bit olderfred
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo models Empty Not a Nuevo afterall

Post by IvorC Thu May 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the thoughts on Nuevo's. Over the last week or so we have taken a look at a number and other makers similar models. We decided that what we really wanted was a newer AS Executive as it has the layout and inside length that we are used to. Low and behold today we found a 2007 version with only 14k on the clock. It has the 2.8HDI engine drives so much better than our 1998 2.5TD. So after a bit of haggling and trading in our old Exec we on the road with a newer one. Does anyone know when AS stopped making the Executive (apart fro the anniverary edition in 2011) I think our newe baby must be one of the last of the classic line......

Cheers

Ivor
IvorC
IvorC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Ivor
congratulations on your Executive. 2007 was the run out year for the last versions, many coming with alloys & awning as part of the A/S package.  You have indeed found a great model.
Give me a monocoque any day  up!  

Enjoy your new van  smile! 
John

Last edited by hoopman on Thu May 01, 2014 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell!)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down