The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inca motorhome

2 posters

Go down

Inca motorhome Empty Inca motorhome

Post by Incaheaven21 Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 am

Hello,  Please can anybody tell me if you can fit a larger water tank?   I have just read that the Inca has a very small water tank.
Thank you.
Incaheaven21
Incaheaven21

Female

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Inca motorhome Empty Re: Inca motorhome

Post by Peter Brown Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:18 am

I had an INCA EL - end lounge. The water tank was circa 75 litres under floor, pretty standard - as were all the other fittings. We only changed because we found the Wilton with the same layout and the same super extra large shower had an extra 3 ft for the cats to enjoy.

The one you are going to look at may have had customer modifications (eg smaller internal tanks) so do check carefully.

Is the one you are looking at advertised online?

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Incaheaven21 Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:30 am

Hello Peter,
It was on Preloved, and e-bay, but I don't use e-bay. It is in Yorkshire. I read in the MMM live-in test report that the fresh water tank underfloor mounted, which I can only imagine the Inca in Yorshire has is only 38litres (8.35 gallons) capacity.
I think that is very small, if I chose to use the shower, I can see it running out of water!!
I am going now, have to travel into Birmingham, which I hate.  I will be back on-line this afternoon, and I hope to hear from you again. Many thanks. Yvonne
Incaheaven21
Incaheaven21

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 am

Hi Yvonne.

Looking back in my old files I found a table of weights I used to determine tyre pressures.  That suggested the tank was actually 50 litres.

https://www.btcloud.bt.com/?shareObject=dbb7c848-2487-17a6-0fc4-cc8c24fb46c2

If the link above works it points to a 2005 review and the specs on the last page also state a 50 litre tank. The grey water tank is 38 litres so perhaps you are confusing the two.

We both shower, cook and wash up in the van and use between 15 and 20 litres of water a day - I fill up every day with a 10 litre container so am certain of this.  I've no idea of your experience with caravans/motorhomes but in the shower you wet yourself then wash with the water off then rinse.

The INCA was the first van with such a large shower, excellent gas capacity and many other features but I thought was either a 2.2 or 2.8 engine.

I've found an add for a 2.8 end kitchen INCA in West Yorkshire that looks very interesting - maybe its the one you are interested in - that has a 50 litre tank

Peter

Last edited by Peter Brown on Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Incaheaven21 Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello Peter,
I'm back in now.  Thanks for getting back to me.  I have looked through the MMM report and of course you are so right, I looked at the grey water tank and not the fresh water tank.  Thank you for pointing that out to me, what a silly-billy, but I do appreciate your words!  Yes it is 50 litre tank.  Not so bad after all.  As for the engine size again you are so right, I even got that wrong.  It is the 2.8.  thanks you once again for your words, I think I will have to read very much slower in future, and then I wont get so many thing wrong.  This will be our first motorhome, that is if we decide to buy it!!  Once again a big 'thank you' for being out there to offer your help and advice.  We can only hope buying privately we don't get caught-out!! Thanks. Yvonne.
Incaheaven21
Incaheaven21

Female

Back to top Go down