The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Ramblingon
Admin
sweeney
7 posters

Go down

NEW MEMBER Empty NEW MEMBER

Post by sweeney Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:31 pm

wave Hello forum members, I had my arm twisted today by 'roli' at the Cheshire motorhome show, while on the Autosleeper Owners' club rally area, who suggested I join the forum - so here I am. I (We) have been Autosleeper owners and members of the Owners' club since 1991. We are now on our third Autosleeper, an Executive, and live just North of Birmingham. We have made lots of friends in the club and had some really good times with them at in the UK and Europe. I have not read any of the forum posts yet but I am sure they will be of interest and will start now.
Bye
sweeney
sweeney

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBER Empty Re: NEW MEMBER

Post by Admin Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello Sweeney

asof_welcome2

Glad to hear roli steered you in our direction smile!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblingon Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Warm welcome to you. wave
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by cal Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:33 pm

Hi Sweeney, warm welcome form Cal in Northern Ireland glad you had your arm twisted and nice to see another Executive owner that I might be able to confer/compare with smile! (changed to a Autosleeper in Feb this year)
cal
cal
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:19 pm

Welcome to the forum Sweeney. Looking at your posting time presume you went home yesterday afternoon and missed the even worse rain and wind overnight. We left around 8.30ish this morning. Your experience on here will be valued
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

NEW MEMBER Empty Hello Roli

Post by sweeney Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:00 pm

Thanks for yours, you recognised me! Yes we left about 12.00, foul weather most of the way home. Pity the weather spoilt the show but we still managed to spend a bit on a Glamour Shield job, to be done Aug 3rd. Glad I signed up to the Forum it is very good, I will be joining the main discussion groups soon. Thanks for your efforts at rally. B & P (Hope I've done this correctly!)
sweeney
sweeney

Male

Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Our Glamourshield job (won at AGM by swmbo) is being done later in the month, and if its ok Brians booking his in.

You have posted correctly.

roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by NormR Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:12 pm

Hello I am a new member and it appears I have offended somebody by not introducing myself, for which I apologise. I was unaware of this and therefore do so now. 

All I can say is that while living in the USA, Arizona for several years in the lates 60's early 70's and wild camping in the White Mountains and Desert areas, my late wife and I decided to upgrade from a tent when back in the UK with our two daughters into something more luxurious. Therfore, I have caravaned since 1976 with several new caravans towed mainly with 4X4 Toyota Landcrusiers. My wife,  after 45 years of being married, sadly passed away in 2012 and I decided to sell our last Bailey Senator and giveup to travel extensivley worldwide for pleaseure on my own this time after travelling 100,000 mile per year on business. I met my current partner, also widowed,  and whilst continuing to tour various parts of the world with her, we decided to buy a Kemerton, 2015 model from Marquis for touring in France and at home. The 2015 Kemerton was purchased in June 2016. it was a demo model with only 3500 miles and had never been used for habitation. We then decided to replace it in September 2021 with a new Kemerton XL, since we loved the layout so much and wanted to upgrade. The only problem we have had with the 2015 model was the necessity to fill the tank in order to prime the submersible Whale pump and this happened too many times even when refilling on a site. Under the waranty the pump was replaced, as whale sent free of charge a new pump for Marquis to replace. It worked reasonabley well,  but priming was always difficult. I noticed our new 2021 Kemerton XL has similar problems and I cannot understand why Autsleepers did not fit external pumps to their new models. Hence my considering replacing it soon via Autosleepers factory with a Shurlfo.

Again Apologies for not initially introducing myself and hope this absolves me of my sins!!

NormR
NormR
NormR

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Tinwheeler, IanH and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:02 am

Hello and welcome to the forum , it’s not a case of offending someone it’s just common curtsy to introduce yourself before jumping in with the questions.

There are quite a few times that people do this, get a load of replies and answers to there problems and never come back to say thanks or even say if they rectified the problem.

Perhaps a Mod or Admin could move this post to its own posting as you have tagged on to a post from 2011

Again welcome to the forum we are a friendly bunch here

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Dbvwt and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down