The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEC show

4 posters

Go down

NEC show Empty NEC show

Post by nuevoboy Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:42 pm

We'd like to pay a first visit to the forthcoming NEC show.
Friends suggest there's so much to see that it's best to visit over 2 days to take everything in.

So, do we take the 'van and stay over on the CC site (at £30 per night) probably for 2 nights or book an overnight stop in one of the nearby NEC hotels (approx. £100 per night)?

We're not too concerned cost-wise, just wondering if anyone's done either and what they would recommend.

Thanks.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

NEC show Empty Re: NEC show

Post by Dutto Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Hi there,

I've re-started my pace-maker (it stuttered at the £30 a night CC site and stopped completely at the £100 a night hotel) and had a look at the CC site.

I suggest that you check out:

MRS S J GREEN
Maxstoke Hall Farm
Fillongley Road
Coleshill
Birmingham
B46 2QT
Telephone: 01675 463237; (m) 07726 920421
Email: enquiries@maxstokehallfarm.co.uk

At £12 a night the CL description includes:

We have amazing links to the NEC and NIA, Birmingham, Coventry and Solihull.

Hope this helps.allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 pm

There is plenty to see but do you want to see all of it? I find that after 3-4 hrs I've had enough for the day and wouldn't want to repeat it the next. What is your objective and how patient are you?

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:08 pm

If you haven`t been before, I think over two days, after all you don`t want to miss anything, I have only been for the one day, as we live 40 minutes away, one day is very tiring if spending all the hours there that it is opened, two would be better as you are able to pace yourself, and not rushing from one thing to the next.

Just a suggestion if you stay on that site recommended, it would be easier then you could take your van and park up at the show, if you buy a large or many items you can take them back to the van and then go back to the exhibition hall.
Which is what we did yesterday at the Lincoln show.Hope you enjoy the show. allthumbz
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Well, Peter, I don't know that we would want to see all of it!

However, we would like to have a good long look at various new 'vans we've highlighted as possible replacements in the long term.

We've been to a few of the smaller shows (Carmarthen and Shrewsbury) and enjoyed those, but no matter how much one concentrates the mind, by the time you're leaving you're usually confused and baffled and find it hard to recall some of the differences.
When we did the National at Peterborough a few years back, we found we were wrecked within 5 hours or so and didn't see half of what was available.

So, we'd ideally like to peruse the possibilities, enjoy a peek at some of the non-essentials that no doubt will be on offer, chat about it over a nice relaxing meal, sleep on it and then refresh our memories the following day.

As it's around a 5 hour drive from our place, we thought we should make it a bit of an event and try and take in as much as possible while we're there.

It's really where we should stay that's the stumbling block at the moment and I was hoping to hear of other's experiences if possible.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:02 am

I think you are spot on with your anticipation of the way it will go.

I've not stayed, but my brother has, on the CC site and he found the atmosphere and entertainment good. You will get to discuss what you've seen with fellow campers and don't have any worries on commuting to and from the exhibition. Don't forget notebook and camera and then you can plan what you want to expand on day 2, although the first thing you see on day 2 will probably set you off on another thought path!!!

Enjoy.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down