The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Mk 1 use of storage

+7
breakaleg
raymondo
nuevoboy
Dutto
AlanT
roli
happyhelen
11 posters

Go down

Nuevo Mk 1 use of storage Empty Nuevo Mk 1 use of storage

Post by happyhelen Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Hi Mark 1 Nuevo owners in particular!
Have just come back from 4 weeks across the water and my husband and I have varied views about what we need and are able to carry. I would love to find out what others think and experience.
As regards chairs I take two small (basic easy folding) chairs which we store under one of the lounge sections. My husband says he doesnt find these comfortable and wants soemthing more substantial but I cant think how we have room to store and transport.
Another thing is water carrier / watering can etc - do others carry them? Also a bucket?
Also how do you find getting into the cupboard under the sink and what do you carry in it. I find I use it a lot but have to really contort to get into it and whilst I am still relatively agile it is not going to get any easier. What do you other Nuevo owners do please??

Thanks HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Mk 1 use of storage Empty Re: Nuevo Mk 1 use of storage

Post by roli Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:19 am

Storage is a problem we all have and can learn from each other.

Chairs - we carry ours in a bag on the bike rack, previous to this in the luton.  Many carry in the living area whilst travelling then under the van when on site.
Water - Fresh we use a 2 gallon container and this now lives in the gas locker but previous to this in the underfloor locker and last van in the Genie Box
           Waste - collapsable plastic/canvas type bucket stored in a supermarket carrier again in gas locker
Sink Cupboard Problem - have a look/search for Bulldog01 's recent post on what he has done to their Classic which is not that different to a earlier Nuevo or for a
           different approach Murphs pictures some time ago on his conversion of their Lancashire (again similar van to yours)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by AlanT Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:54 pm

We have two folding chairs with footrest extensions which we store under our bedding above the cab, although I accept you may not have the space in your Nuevo.  When travelling, the chairs are kept on the floor between the bench seats and when on site overnight we keep them on the ground underneath the van. We did buy good chairs as we like our comforts.

We have a plastic bucket and watering can (Aldi) which we use for fresh and waste water and find this just as convenient if not more so than hoses.  The watering can is particularly useful given the awkward angle of the filler. When on the road they stay in the shower tray secured by a black bin bag of dirty washing:  when on site they're kept under the van.

Hope this helps!
Alan
AlanT
AlanT
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi there,

The word you are looking for is "RUTHLESS"!! wave wave

My advice is to pack EVERYTHING that you THINK you might need for a one week trip .....

..... at the end of the week chuck out ALL those things you haven't used!!

After this exercise packing is easy!allthumbz allthumbz 

Oh, another tip is to remember that there are shops to be found in all towns and most villages throughout the world; so DON'T pack consumables that you can buy when you get there!!Whistle1 

Hope this helps.allthumbz 

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:53 pm

We've got a Mk1 too.

Our chairs go under the nearside settee via the external hatch, along with the levellers, hook up lead, watering can, shoes (up to 8 pairs rolleyes  ) and tool box.

We carry a large bucket for waste water which travels in the under-sink cupboard along with a 5 litre freshwater container (the ones you get free when you buy your first lot of water).

As mentioned, the Mk1 under-sink doors aren't the best design and several people have converted the doors.
However, we manage at the moment.

All out cycling gear, helmets. waterproofs etc goes under the offside settee and there's usually loads of spare room in their for any stuff we buy when out and about or delivering to family members.

All our bedding goes in the overcab locker. That leaves 3 overhead lockers for clothes along with the generous wardrobe.

Food is stored in the 2 overhead kitchen lockers andunder the sink and cereals are stored in the overhead locker above the fridge along with glasses. Crockery is adjacent in the locker designed for it.

Oh yeah, there's plenty of room for the 2 of us too. snigger  

Hope that helps.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 pm

Food is stored in the 2 overhead kitchen lockers
A word of warning about placing tins or jars in this locker. Twice on our recent holiday whilst driving down rough roads (very rough!) these lockers sprang open depositing their contents on the glass cooker top.  We had a jar of coffee in there which "jumped" out, it missed the cooker top but left a mark on the bathroom door.

We were away for 8 weeks (in a Mk 2)and had plenty of storage - the more storage you have the more unneccessary * Inappropriate Word * you bring with you
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Wise words indeed about jars and tins.
Those items are in the cupboard under the sink and all are enclosed in a plastic basket thingy, so nothing should fall out.
In the top lockers we usually keep the cakes, biscuits, bananas etc.
Actually the right hand locker contains packets of sauces, pasta etc. and these too are contained within other receptacles.
We are lucky enough to obtain (for a small donation to charity) large, deep ice cream tubs from our friendly ice cream man.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:11 am

Hi, I have never found outdoor chairs comfortable, so don't carry them, water fillers, just fill the tank every time we leave the site, as for the cupboard, it is a pain to access (I have a disability) we have bought 4 plastic storage boxes with lids, they fit comfortably side by side one on top of the other.
The stuff we use least sit in the bottom ones and regular stuff like bread, fruit etc in the top ones (we leave the lids off these) and just pull them out when needed, we have a little space by the side of them for longer items, the shel above takes all our tins etc.
pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by murph Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:43 am

Hi All,
  Roli refered to my mod to our van, here is a photo of the undersink cupboard, the pan cupboard under the cooker is now used to hold leveling ramps and hookup cables.

URL=https://s1089.photobucket.com/user/murphiom/media/SANY0235.jpg.html][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/URL]
Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Wow Brian, that is really impressive.
If you fancy setting up a service.....up!
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Wow, I will second that, a brilliant idea, allthumbz well done.
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:58 am

It would cost you guys dearly getting Brian doing your conversions - the ferry costs a bomb for him to get over here

Seriously though I have picked up on a few of the mods he has done on the Lancashire and a few I consider should in the interest of safety been done at new build, mainly better lighting on the step and kitchen areas (just finished my last one this week!)
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Mk 1 use of storage Empty Another mod

Post by murph Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:52 am

Hi All,
   This is the mod I think Roli was refering to, this strip of 9 sticky back LEDs is mounted on a wooden backing under the lip of the fridge so that it shines at 45 degrees, origionally intended to iluminate the bottom of the undersink cupboard as in my prevous post, Roli likes it because it provides good ilumination for the whole of the kitchen floor and step area, and this makes it safer for Liz his wife

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Did that one donks ago, this weeks was the Pelmet Light in the kitchen (when you lift cupboard door it blocks the roof light off. Brians mod keeps light over sink/cooker
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by steve00136 Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi like many I have spent many an hour looking at maximising storage.
Folding chairs go on bike rack between the bikes
One of the gas bottles is a dumpy which gives space on top for a pplasticbox holding flat hose pipe and various fittings.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by steve00136 Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi me again pressed the send by mistake.
I have removed the tray from under the passenger seat which makes easy storage for ramps and electric cable - easy to get at from standing outside (I don't have side lockers).
A few other ideas as well.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo / Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:20 am

I wouldn't think there's much difference between the series 1 & series 2 Nuevo regards storage?  We carry more than enough for our travels and still have loads of free space,  we are always amazed by the storage of the Nuevo for what appears on the outside a rather compact van, but inside its like a tardis! If people are struggling to store stuff then they seriously need to revise their list of essentials 
up!

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Mk 1 use of storage Empty storage etc

Post by happyhelen Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for all your comments and ideas. It has really made me think but also admit that yes we (or really I) am taking far too much stuff.
The overcab cupboard which most people seem to use for bedding is my clothes cupboard. I try to avoid washing clothes on the whole and therefore try to take enough clean clothes (dont go away for more than 4 weeks at a time).

Also the comment about never being far from a shop anywhere you go is true. We carry far too much tinned stuff.

Time for a re-think!!

Thanks all.

Happy Helen
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down