The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

auto sleeper burford duo

+9
burlingtonboaby
algy
boxerman
Paulmold
peugeotboxer
modelman
Peter Brown
Dutto
david arthur
13 posters

Go down

auto sleeper burford duo Empty auto sleeper burford duo

Post by david arthur Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi fellow members,

my name is david, and as yet i do not own a motorhome, but the model and layout i like is the burford duo on the mercedes chassis.
Does any member own this model ? as i have not read any owner reviews as yet, i would be interested in build quality, and any problems that may have reared its head since ownership.

I know i am asking a lot as it is a new model, but if it is going to be my first motorhome i would like some idea of ownership so far.

Thank's in advace David
david arthur
david arthur

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None

Back to top Go down

auto sleeper burford duo Empty Re: auto sleeper burford duo

Post by Dutto Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am

Hi there,

Welcome from what has been a sunny but windy day in Skegness.sun keep_cool 

Sorry, but I don' know the model.shrugg 

Best regards,
drinksallround 

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:42 am

This is a new rather than an updated design and not many about yet.

The Mercedes bit is top quality.

The conversion quality is as good as you will get for any caravan or motorhome but don't expect it to be fault free however AS have been excellent with post sale support for several years now although several with particularly bad experiences will challenge that comment. I bought a new van in 2008 and another in 2011 and am very happy with the way problems have been dealt with.

The Burford is a very long van so consider that for storage and general parking.

I think its a superb van but several specifics such as type of heating, need for two TV's, table storage location would rule it out for me personally.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:31 am

Hello & welcome from S/Yorks drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi david arthur

Welcome to the forum

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Welcome from N.E Wales  handshake
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by david arthur Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi
 And thanks for the warm welcome, being that there will only be me and my Sister the twin beds obviously appeal.
I was advised to buy the largest one i could afford, as a small van would be cramped, does any one have experience of the Mercedes 2.2 diesel engine ? is it underpowered for such a large van ? plus what mpg do you think i could expect, questions, questions, i think i will run over to Derby next week to auto sleeper and have a word. I have trawled the INTERNET for owner reviews, but as you say they are a new model and not many about. But again a very warm thanks to all fellow members.
david arthur
david arthur

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 am

The 2.2 is definitely not underpowered. Fuel depends on how you drive, 24 is achievable but hard work. 20 -22 mpg average. Happy with Motorplus at Derby - got the latest van through them.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi David, welcome to the forum wave 

david arthur wrote:
I was advised to buy the largest one i could afford, as a small van would be cramped,
Who advised this, someone selling motorhomes? Dot and I came from a trailer tent to our first van, an RV50 pop-top based on a Trafic. Dot was worried about the lack of space so we spent £300+ on an awning which I think we used twice before selling it about 6 years later. After about 5 years with the RV50 we bought the Symphony which we've had for 10 years or so. There have been odd times when we've felt like we could do with more room, but 99% of the time we are more than happy. I accept that we are man & wife rather than sister & brother which will make a difference.

Much depends on how you are going to use it. Are you going to park up on a site for days / weeks on end or are you going to be on the move all the time? We tend to be on the move most of the time, seldom staying in one place for more than 3 days, we also like to explore places "off the beaten track" and a smaller van is easier to negotiate along some of these places than a big one would be.

I am not saying you should buy a small van, I am saying that you and your sister should sit down and decide how you would be using the van, what features you want and what you don't want, then use your own judgement on what you need or don't need.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by algy Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Hello and welcome.
algy
algy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by david arthur Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi Frank,

thanks for your input, we will be using our van much like you, i get bored very easy staying in one place.
The friend who advised me to buy a bigger van is the proud owner of an autocruise Frobisher extra long, its her second motor home.
She is motoring down to the South of France for three weeks next month, mind you she does live in east Sussex.

One thing i will have to find out, my Father who is ninety this December and hails from your neck of the woods Nelson, may come with us, my Sister and I are his carers, this may be our only way of getting out into Derbyshire for odd days weekends,   so i will have to think about seat belts for the third person, and i know the burford only has two. But as my friend says layout is the most important thing when buying a motor home.

I will start looking seriously come this Autumn, spring, at the 213 models, but i have not ruled out buying a low mileage pre owned yet.

Once again thanks for your help,i need lots of advice at this moment in time      David
david arthur
david arthur

Male

Back to top Go down

auto sleeper burford duo Empty Re-Autosleeper Burford Due

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi Dave
Welcome to the forum from the west coast of Scotland, I had a look around a Burford at Spinney motorhomes a few months back.
The owner invited me in for a look around , what a motorhome, really top spec, well above my pay grade.

Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by david arthur Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi Boaby,

Yes it is a nice piece of kit, What we both liked about the Burford was the space, and the discreet L E D lighting and of course the layout. I was worried that it may be under powered but one member on hear said not.         David
david arthur
david arthur

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jht sheffield Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi David Arthur.
I have been reading your posts with interest, we have just decided to swap our Nuevo for a Burford Duo.  Yes its big, but we can just store it and intend to use it this year as much as possible..The layout is great for us, as was the Nuevo, but the extra space will be very welcome.  We have dealt with Derby and found them to be very helpful. ( 100% better than Brownhills were !! ).     Good luck with your decision, it will be interesting to hear how you get on.  Carry on glamping.
jht sheffield
jht sheffield

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:00 pm

asof_welcome2
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by david arthur Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi jht,

I do hope that you are happy with your purchase, how does it drive ? is there enough power ? to early to ask what mpg you think you will get.

Is it the latest model with the in built gas tanks ? if it is are there any more improvements. I don't know what kind of a deal we can strike as it will be our first van. I think they offered £5000 pounds of the previous model. Cheers David
david arthur
david arthur

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jht sheffield Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi David Arthur.
We take delivery in March so cant give many answers.  2013 model, but apart from the tanks, only minor changes.  I know Derby has a 2013 Burford, ( not Duo ) in stock so there will be a deal there !!!   I know it drives well and has the required power.  I would expect about 25mpg overall.
Good luck.
John.
jht sheffield
jht sheffield

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:31 pm

david arthur wrote:Hi fellow members,

my name is david, and as yet i do not own a motorhome, but the model and layout i like is the burford duo on the mercedes chassis.
Does any member own this model ? as i have not read any owner reviews as yet, i would be interested in build quality, and any problems that may have reared its head since ownership.

I know i am asking a lot as it is a new model, but if it is going to be my first motorhome i would like some idea of ownership so far.

Thank's in advace David
Hi David,
              i personally think it is close to madness spending 65,000 on your first van.It is much safer to hire a large van to see how you get on.
The depreciation if you don't like motor homing or any other aspect will be eye watering.
To be Honest an European van of that size and quality have been sold for many years and are available second hand.The depreciation will have already happened.
best wishes

Mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Motorhome Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:26 am

David,

We have owned Molly for just under a year but for various reasons have only done 2,000 miles.
Things to consider;
Table storage location, it's ease or use and impact on storing anything else with it.
TV mount location, can block the doorway.

There are at least two layout variants.

Please feel free to contact my directly via e-mail or PM for feedback on our experiences and use.

Regards

Charles
Molly Motorhome
Molly Motorhome

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Buford

Back to top Go down