The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hellllllo Everyone!

4 posters

Go down

Hellllllo Everyone! Empty Hellllllo Everyone!

Post by 1Oll Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Hello everyone,
Just started using our Amethyst, this year. It's a 1994 model reg in 95. Sort of owned it for about 18 months, long story. It was in a poor state in some ways but good in others. Have had the mechanics sorted including new brake drums, the the old cast iron drums becoming oval due to the handbrake being on for long time, the Amethyst was used by a couple of 80+year olds, full timing for 13 years spending winters in southern Europe. (suggest leaving handbrake either off or lightly applied over winter). New windscreen due to stone chip, but it was delaminating at the base near the bonnet. I noticed another Monocoque Autosleeper had a similar problem last week. Had the two leaking large side windows removed and resealed, I was rather disappointed to find that some of the brackets that should have held the windows in place were not apparently fitted from new, there were slots but no screws or even holes in the wood! This oversight and poor original "tape" sealant contributed to about 8 hours work. This, and missing or poor insulation are my only complaints I have about my Autosleeper.
Re-upholstered, re-carpeted, new insert for water heater, the original one had totally rotted inside. I fitted new charger unit, new larger batteries, managed to make some brackets and fit two 100 watt solar panels between the roof rails, they were inch perfect fit, also fitted MPPT controller, secondhand ebay purchase of 85cm Oyster Auto Satellite system, TV, professionally fitted Thatcham Alarm, received 10% reduction on insurance, plus loads of other bits and pieces sorted. I would like the little circuit that also connects the two leisure batteries and the Transit battery and maybe the little Gizmo that give a readout of the state of the battery charge. Forgot to mention fitted a new water pump, but I found the new one in the boot. Next job is to improve the strength of Omnistep, it's a little bouncy! I may replace the blinds as they are slightly tat. The final job will be a professional bodywork job, hope to have a couple of small problems on the monocoque repaired by Cheltenham Laminating who made the body for Autosleeper and the tin bit at a local bodyshop and possibly undersealed as well. All new bedding, 2 inch memory foam mattress topper, duvets, pans, etc.. Love my Amethyst, was up in Scotland last week and it drives really well. A couple of small problems on this trip, leaking valve (split in side of it), on rear nearside tyre and smell of gas from near water heater. Have isolated that gas circuit and waiting for professional help. I am going to post this now but I am writing this on my iPad, and for some odd reason I can't scroll back to check my grammar and spelling. Just worked out how to scroll in a window on the iPad, use two fingers, thought I would leave this note in for other iPad users.
Finally Mark at Autosleepers has been great help, can't think of many companies you can call about a 16 year old product and get immediate, knowledgeable and free help. Thanks Mark if you read this forum. Thanks also to members of Motorhome Fun forum for their technical help and our welcome at the three rallies we have attended. Great friendly group.
Regards Brian.
1Oll
1Oll

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1995 Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Hellllllo Everyone! Empty Re: Hellllllo Everyone!

Post by Admin Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Hello Brian & Welcome to the forum

asof_welcome2

Hope you enjoy your stay with us

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Brian - yet another Amethyst where are they all coming from. Think you will be happy with Cheltenham Laminates they do a good job.
Just down the road from you next week end is the Northern MH Show at Tabley Showground, if you are going for a day look us up in the ASOC Rally area.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Hellllllo Everyone! Empty Thanks for your welcome.

Post by 1Oll Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:23 am

Not booked for the Knutsford Show, but will probably be attending. Thanks for your welcome. If we make it we will probably be with the Fun smile! group, known as Funsters! If you look for an Amethyst with large sat dish we will have bottles open.
Reg number begins with OLL.
Regards Brian.
1Oll
1Oll

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1995 Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Welcome from Paul and Carol from North Wales but in Cornwall on holiday at the moment. We will also be at Northern Show but in the C&CC area. Also member of 'fun' and 'facts' but never rallied with either.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:18 pm

OK Brian, if the rally areas are in the same place this year and i wont know till Wed MH Fun will be the next but one area to ASOC. With Motorhome Facts in between. Our Windsor will be the reception on the ASOC area and you will be hard pressed not to see this Forums stickers on the side and rear
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum