The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway Wall Coverings

3 posters

Go down

Broadway Wall Coverings Empty Broadway Wall Coverings

Post by Chinaexplorer Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi. I have a 2010 Broadway and I have noticed that already the stips that join the internal wall coverings are lifting at the edges and showing every sign that they will come off before long. Is this a problem known to others? The guarantee only covers wall coverings during the first year, so is not covered for me. Can anyone recommend a suitable paste or glue to stick them back.
thanks
Chinaexplorer
Chinaexplorer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Broadway Wall Coverings Empty Re: Broadway Wall Coverings

Post by DuxDeluxe Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Join the club. Was complaining about it yesterday!

Marquis are going to order up some new tape and get it re-done - this week I hope. I suspect that it is the surface not being properly prepared when the van was built (i.e degreased). Luckily, mine is still under warranty; I made it very clear that it wasn't going to be me that paid for it anyway.

In mine, it is only the wall tapes that are lifting - can I ask if the ceiling tapes are lifting also? I suspect not as it is different panelling and presumably not greasy.

As a matter of interest, had the same problem in the previous van, where it lifted and stayed with the edges raised but didn't get any worse. I couldn't think of a suitable good fix as Lunar wouldn't source any more tape so I left it.

I'll keep you posted on what happens and I'll talk to the technician when it is done and pass on the tips. I am also going to contact A/S and see if I can buy some spare tape in case it occurs again.

Hope that helps
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Broadway Wall Coverings Empty Thanks

Post by Chinaexplorer Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks. I didn't think that I woulld be the only person suffering from this. I look forward to hearing how you get on.
best wishes
Chinaexplorer
Chinaexplorer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Certainly will...........
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Are you talking about joints in the Fablon type material also used for covering panels ?
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:45 am

Yep - I suspect that it is not an uncommon problem
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:10 am

Well the other thing you will need is the little self adhesive discs they use to cover screw holes.
If you get some of the joining tape (if thats the right word) can you post on here please (yes you guessed right) I know the colour of ours is Apple
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:53 am

I'll follow up and keep everyone informed
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Tape ordered - I also asked for some spare for myself. We'll see how it goes...........
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm

All joints now re-taped successfully. Speaking to the technician, he said that the hard bit is removing the existing tape without damaging (tearing) the actual covering. I got some spare tape for when it happens again......... I still think that it was caused by poor preparation of the surface by not removing traces of any release agent from the manufacturing process
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Broadway Wall Coverings Empty Taped joints - resurrected topic

Post by Chinaexplorer Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:25 pm

I have resurrected this topic to report back on progress and ask for further advice.

Well we finally got round to ordering a roll of tape from AS and had a go at replacing some of the tape with the worst raised edges. There are several different tapes in use and AS were kind enough to send us some samples so that we could choose the right one. When it came to fitting it, well it hasn't been completely successful. We removed the old tape okay and cleaned the wall boards with sugar soap. It was quite hard to get the tape aligned correctly, so I used the wife - she is better at that sort of stuff than I am. But we found that after a day or two it started to lift again at the edges. We went over it all with one of those small wallpaper rollers, but it seems to still be coming back off after a few days.

Any advice from the DIY enthusiasts out there secret ?
Chinaexplorer
Chinaexplorer
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi, mine has mostly stayed where it should have. Some bits lift slightly but I just run a finger over it and that is it for a month or so. No idea what (if any, bear in mind it was done by Marquis) cleaning of the panels was done.

I would have used some sort of solvent to clean the surface first (after testing somewhere it can't be seen first, of course) since I am convinced that it is some form of release agent residue.

As an aside, I found out the hard way about sliding qualities of release agent when I took delivery of my new racing dinghy - we were all over the place the first time we sailed. oh_blast!
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down