The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman

+2
CC
rob
6 posters

Go down

New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman Empty New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman

Post by rob Wed May 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello Everybody! It was great to discover this site and club this month! Why did we not try earlier? We have had our 10 year old Anniversary Clubman for five years. it's been our staunch friend up and down the length and breadth of England and in France and Italy. It's only done 32,000! No this is not an advert but we have been told if we want to sell it, we should do so privately. Well we have posted it on the Caravan Club Web and the MMM one. Not a sausage by way of interest!
So are we trying the wrong places? Or is the market in favour of the buyer. Though we are reluctant to sell up, we have to afford anything newer! The dealer's offer was , well, not very good.

So can anyone advise on price, market conditions and places to try please?

Looking forward to you good people who ahve been where we are or are now in the same position.

Catherine Dunster
rob
rob

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : clubman anniversary

Back to top Go down

New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman Empty Re: New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman

Post by CC Wed May 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Try the classifieds section here, its free!

You should be able to sell your Clubman as these lovely vehicles are still in demand, as long as the price is right.

Welcome to the forum by the way gimmefive

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman Empty Re: New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman

Post by roli Wed May 01, 2013 5:04 pm

asof_welcome2

The debate to sell private or a dealer will go on for ever and everybody has their own opinion. For what its I worth mine is to sell via a dealer, there is no hanging around waiting for the sale and the cash.
Your van is a model that will quickly sell and most dealers turn them round quickly so maybe a bit of negotiation would improve the cost to change.
Forget all this trade in price rubbish, you go to the dealer, say I want that van here is mine how much cash do I need and if its within budget or the dealer will talk ok, if not walk away

Good luck

I have removed your phone number from your post Catherine, not a good idea to put phone numbers or addresses on the internet. Do a few more posts and you can use the forums Private Message System for things like that
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by whisky Wed May 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi Catherine.

Welcome to the forum from Nottinghamshire. Good luck with your sale. up!

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Wed May 01, 2013 8:37 pm

hi-2010 Catherine,

Welcome to the forum,

Brian & Chris

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

New Member Seeks Advice Please on our Clubman Empty Re-New member seeks advice on our Clubman

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed May 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi Catherine
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington wave
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi Catherine welcome to the forum wave

One of the great things about this forum is the diversity of views that can be shared often based on our own personal experiences.

For what it’s worth I would avoid trading a van. Roli is spot on in that it’s the delta price you need to trade up that’s important, not the trade in value. 20 years ago I would have been comfortable trading, but these days there are so many dealers (and IMO not a lot of good ones), and the market is flooded with second hand vans and with new vans. I expect you are finding at a dealer that you are having to pay in excess of £10K + your clubman to move on to a newer van.

We’ve had numerous vehicles and now always sell privately. With cash in hand, you are in my experience, in a much better position to negotiate with a dealer.

Free sites, I have found more effective than those that charge fees and of course this site is an excellent place where A/S of all types are cherished.

Unless you are changing your van for a different layout i.e rear travel seats. fixed bed etc, I wonder what you are thinking is a suitable successor vehicle. You will be hard pushed to find a better based van than the VW T4 and a monocoque body is just icing on the cake. Guess I’m biased Whistle1 ...... but only through experience.
Good luck
Regards
John
Anonymous

Back to top Go down