The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BROADWAY rear-view camera

5 posters

Go down

BROADWAY rear-view camera Empty BROADWAY rear-view camera

Post by COMA Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Having taken delivery of our new A/S BROADWAY FB in January we embarked upon a couple of 3 day breaks to get used to the new-to-us features and to discover any problems before going continental. Overall we are impressed with the quality and equipment level after our previous entry level Compass (Elldis) Avantgarde 140 but I was disappointed when the rear view camera screen blacked out as we set out on the 250 mile journey home. Great relief, I stopped immediately in a handy lay-by....switched off....and when I started up the screen burst into life and continued to function all the way home and in use until we set off 3 weeks later for a few days in Cromer (well it seemed like a good opportunity to try out the heating system if nothing else). Within a mile of home, with 200+ miles to go, the screen again blacked out - so I stopped and re-started several times on the journey. Each time the screen fired up but quickly went blank therefore I had to rely upon the door mirrors. I contacted the dealer who immediately got their Auto-elctrician to make an appointment; he came today and told me that apparently A/S supply the motorhome with the camera wired as a reversing aid only leaving it to the dealer to rewire the power supply to an engine-running constant feed (the picture appears only when the engine is started and remains on until it is switched off). Sounds a bit odd to me but he rapidly connected the power supply to a live circuit operating on the ignition switch (as soon as the key is turned to the pre-start position the picyure appears and remains on). It remains to be seen whether this has 'cured' the problem.

The only other problem might be linked, goodness knows how? When the camera problem started I noticed that the inner 3 of the 5 running lights both on the O/S and the N/S went out leaving the outside 2 lit. The problem only seemed to occur when the rear view camera was playing up; the Autoelecrician checked the wiring and found no fault so we will waitand see.......unless anyone reading this happens to be an autoelectricalgeniusfirstclass.

Still very happy with my AutoSleeper and not sorry I chose it.
COMA
COMA

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

BROADWAY rear-view camera Empty Re: BROADWAY rear-view camera

Post by DuxDeluxe Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem and hope it gets fixed soon. I only have one problem with my Broadway now...... I keep buying toys for it. hugegrins Great van.

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The camera power supply is usually taken from the fridge 12v circuit in the Sargent EM50 interface unit - for details follow the above link. The marker light feed also comes from the same unit.

When investigating a problem with the fridge on 12v I managed to replace the fuse in the EM50 with one end in the contact but the other end out of it but touching it. As a result the reversing camera - which is always on when the engine is running - (and the fridge but not noticed) became erratically intermittent.

The EM50 is the interface between chassis and AS installed 12v electrics and it or the power too it is where I would look for your problems.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by gizmo26 Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Had similar problems with our reversing camera on Broadway EL.
Sometimes it would work for days and then nothing. Everytime we went to the dealer it started working again fedup
Eventually Marquis ended up rewiring the entire unit. It now works fine, but sometimes the camera operates for forward travel when the ignition is started. I only use it when in reverse and I need to turn it off with the remote control. At least it can now be relied upon to work when selecting reverse. If I need to use it all the time I can tun it on with the remote.
gizmo26
gizmo26

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:23 pm

gizmo26 wrote:Had similar problems with our reversing camera on Broadway EL.
Sometimes it would work for days and then nothing. Everytime we went to the dealer it started working again fedup
Eventually Marquis ended up rewiring the entire unit. It now works fine, but sometimes the camera operates for forward travel when the ignition is started. I only use it when in reverse and I need to turn it off with the remote control. At least it can now be relied upon to work when selecting reverse. If I need to use it all the time I can tun it on with the remote.

I, too had problems, solved by rewiring. It was a dodgy plug and socket. Regarding your problem that sometimes the camera comes on in forward:- That mystified me, too, but I solved it. The unit remembers whether it was on or not when the ignition is switched off. If you reverse, switch off the engine and then engage Neutral the camera will come on when the ignition is next switched on. If you engage neutral (or forward) so that the camera switches off and then switch off the engine the camera will be off when you next switch on. If you have switched it on with the remote then it will be always on with the ignition until you kill it with the remote.

What I have NOT solved is that very occasionally I get some yellow guide lines appearing on the screen. They will appear for a couple of camera activations and then disappear for weeks before re-appearing again. Anyone else seen this? Better still, does anyone know how to turn the guide lines on or off?

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:14 pm

inspiredron wrote:

What I have NOT solved is that very occasionally I get some yellow guide lines appearing on the screen. They will appear for a couple of camera activations and then disappear for weeks before re-appearing again. Anyone else seen this? Better still, does anyone know how to turn the guide lines on or off?

The gridlines are a function of the camera and should be displayed all of the time. If you can find the make and model of camera (there is nothing visible on mine) there may be some crude programming method to turn them on/off - I'm thinking some sort of timing sequence of power on/off that you might be simulating by operation of the system.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down