The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Sleeper Nuevo

+4
roli
Actionmike
burlingtonboaby
daveandgill
8 posters

Go down

Auto Sleeper Nuevo Empty Auto Sleeper Nuevo

Post by daveandgill Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi
I want to buy a Nuevo but I have been told that there are some problems with certain years of Peugeot engines, gearboxes .Can someone tell which years I need to avoid.

David
daveandgill
daveandgill

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : trident

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Nuevo Empty Re-Autosleeper Nuevo

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi David
I have had no problems with the dreaded " reverse judder" some of the earlier mark 2 vans had reported, no other problems with mine, its an 09 reg.
Boaby up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Nuevo Empty Re: Auto Sleeper Nuevo

Post by Actionmike Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi David,
we have an '07 3.0 Ltr 6 speed, no major probs with ours. There is a slight judder when reversing, but this goes when you increase the revs, I don't consider this to be a serious fault. The rest of the 'van' is superb!
Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:19 am

I think by now any affected vans will have been sorted, so I wouldnt worry too much and all you have to do is take it on a test drive and do a slight uphill reverse, if its going to judder it will.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by greetys Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 am

We have a peugeot 09, 2.2 engine and have no problems so far. Great little van we love it smile!
greetys
greetys

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by LobbyLudd Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:16 pm

daveandgill wrote:Hi
I want to buy a Nuevo but I have been told that there are some problems with certain years of Peugeot engines, gearboxes .Can someone tell which years I need to avoid.

David

A fairly broad question in terms of the 'Neuvo' model now being across the 'earlier' mk 1 'Neuvos' and then the later generation of conversions encompassing an upgrade on the later Boxer base vehicle. (That must come down to your choice and budget)
Are you prefering to look at a particular age range of Nuevo or any across the production history for instance?

Past information of all Peugeot dealer required factory re-calls are available to a prospective purchaser and although often based towards safety issues for a particular production year of Boxer is always worth checking as a matter of course. This information will also check to see that any re-calls relevent to a specific year of a Boxer considered has definately been done. (e.g. mine was recalled because front brake pipes may have been in a position to rub against the front tyres on full lock)

Isn,t it annoying that the true statistics gathered by makers of all trends of historical problems of particular vehicle models in general are (these must be known to Peugeot) on the other hand not openly available to us. It would seem to be most difficult and probably impossible to ask for such official companies recordings as it would be covered by their 'commercial confidentiality' clauses.

So the only option to us is asking other owners and perhaps willing retired or ex employees to give their own experiences.

I have a 2003 Neuvo and have been generally very satisfied with boxer HDi base vehicle (very acceptable fuel consumption and found adequate overall performance even with the 2L engine)

Don't really know if things that were annoying that I have had to pay out for suddenly were common faults in general with others with the same vehicle e.g had to replace the front wheel bearings one after the other and then heard after that "there was probably some 'Boxers' around that year that had inferior quality bearing sets fitted??
The scuttle drainage system can be an issue on earlier Boxers effectively shooting rainwater directly over the gearbox if the hose is not re-positioned and I presume with the possibilty of getting into the gearbox bell housing (this water can also then affect the electrical/mechanical speedo sender unit that fits into the lower side of the gearbox )
Rear brake actuating cylinders can often sieze if the vehicle has not been regularly serviced without the driver being immediately aware this also happened to me once.
My year of Neuvo allowed me very easy access myself to replace the radiator that decided to leak (told by some a common fault for that year series, told by others (garages) never known to happen !) I did the job myself as the front of the van was told catagorically had to be removed to gain access with the associated major bill. That was nonsense it slid in easily once certain components fans etc had been removed.

If the vehicle is at a certain age and/or high mileage ask for documentary evidence that the cam belt and water pump has or will be replaced

No other major problems with my own Neuvo though touch wood, and I hope to keep it for as long as possible. twiddle_thumbs
It seems the answer may be to ask as many owners as possible once you have the age range year of vehicle that you may be considering drinksallround cheers

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:52 pm

We've had no problems with our Nuevo (series II) on the base vehicle..... although we have had one or two niggles on the habitation side due to a lack of care and love of the vehicle by the previous owners (nothing serious and that a good valet didn't sort out) and failings of the work carried out by the main dealer after handover which shouldn't have happened but hey ho.... (live and learn as they say) everything that needed sorting has since been done by Auto-Sleepers and its now a clean and tidy van with everything working just as it should have when we bought it!

The 333 Peugeot Boxer X250 doesn't get the praise it deserves IMO and is a joy to drive (as magazine reviews often state) it has nice comfortable seats with armrests on both sides and has a really nice driving position. Engines seem pretty good and have loads of power and torque... it also has an incredibly small turning circle (smaller than some cars) which still surprises me when needed.

The reverse judder only effects certain models mainly the 6 speed vans but people will tell you they are all effected, even if you encountered this judder this is a simple firmware upgrade to fix... the water ingress into the engine bay is also not the biggie it's made out to be and should have been modified by Peugeot if not you can do this easily yourself by getting some tubing and adding it to the drain holes, the windscreen scuttle has a join in the centre and a collection tray should be positioned beneath this to collect any water and an engine cover is an additional precaution you can take or may even be fitted.

The bathroom is pretty spacious and even with my tubby frame I find I can use the loo, have a shower or use the wash basin with no problems. There are plenty of cupboards and places to store stuff... the Nuevo is a real tardis inside and having previously owned a van conversion we are still overwhelmed by the amount of storage we now have.

Only other thing I can think of that's slightly negative is draughts in the Boxer cab... Depending on wind direction I sometimes find a slight draft from the windows on the drivers side and when parked up if its windy or extremely cold then you can feel drafts in the cab area but then I don't think this is unique to Peugeots as its still way warmer than our 2001 Trident ever was.....

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by AlanT Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi Dave

I believe there were problems with some 2007-8 Peugeot Boxers, specifically I think with the 6 speed gearbox: gearbox judder could happen when reversing uphills, resulting in premature wear on the clutch. The cure was a change to the reverse gear rations and was done under manufacturer warranty if caught early enough. If not, it could cost a grand or more.
As I was advised by another forum member, there is plenty information about if you google "motorhome reverse judder".

Hope this helps.

Alan
AlanT
AlanT
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

Back to top Go down

Post by daveandgill Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:17 am

Hi

I am going to look at a August 2009 Nuevo.Looking at the pictures it has a blown air heating not the big heater that are on many I have looked at it also has a black coloured new type fridge.All the other 2009 Nuevos I have seen dont have these fitted. I am a bit confused can someone tell me when these updates were first fitted.

David
daveandgill
daveandgill

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : trident

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 am

is it local Dave?
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:19 am

daveandgill wrote:Hi

I am going to look at a August 2009 Nuevo.Looking at the pictures it has a blown air heating not the big heater that are on many I have looked at it also has a black coloured new type fridge.All the other 2009 Nuevos I have seen dont have these fitted. I am a bit confused can someone tell me when these updates were first fitted.

David

I understand they done away with the Truma Ultraheat fires on some of the later models due to people moaning about the rattles.... I've seen a review somewhere with pictures and without the fires they just don't look right in my mind, the wardrobe area looked really bare shrugg

Not sure I would want blown heating only as an option, as we only use the blower on ours to heat the bathroom up as its fairly noisy even when on low, certainly couldn't sleep with it on through the night.

Are the new fridges that are fitted the ones members have been moaning about? (elsewhere on the forum) I'd be intrested to know about this myself in case we upgrade in the future?

Truma have redesigned the Ultraheat now and it's advertised as "Rattle Free" celebrate1 bouncing lets_dance just_teasing Shame it took them so long!! undecided

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Nuevo Empty Re-Autosleeper Nuevo 11

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:03 pm

The Trumatic S3002 space heater on the gas fire operation is a must have option for cold weather wild camping and away days.
We have alot of day trips along the coast during the winter bird watching, the gas fire is great to come into the van and warm yourself up.
Wouldn't be without it up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down