The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well she did it!

+5
roli
burlingtonboaby
deckie
Robbie
CC
9 posters

Go down

Well she did it! Empty Well she did it!

Post by CC Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm

MrsCC is now the proud owner of a lovely little Fiat 500 which we found today... Just 10 months old with a ridiculously low 1.8k on the clock and she managed to save about 2k on the price a new one which is what she intended buying until we saw this "as new" little beauty sitting there on the forecourt... White as well to match the Nuevo... (In a bruce forsyth expression) didn't we do well best_friends

Now just have to save up for a smart trailer and we are in action..... up! content

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Well she did it! Empty Re: Well she did it!

Post by Robbie Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Nice one,congrats, health to enjoy cheerleaderzs cheers!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:16 pm

What a result !! well done allthumbz allthumbz

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Well she did it! Empty Re-Well she did it

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:50 am

Thats great Mrs CC, are you going to attach your Fiat 500 to an A frame? and tow it with you.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:15 am

Liz used to have a Uno which was a great little car which cost very little to run over the years we had it (5 weeks to a tank of petrol - think it was only 7gall at that) .
Hope Mrs CC gets the same pleasure from the 500
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks all, cracking little car and I really like the retro interior... Suggested mpg is 62

burlingtonboaby wrote:Thats great Mrs CC, are you going to attach your Fiat 500 to an A frame? and tow it with you.
Boaby

Hi Boaby.... Might go the A frame route but not sure, presume by towing the Fiat we would be clocking up mileage? Hence the reason for thinking about the trailer option... Saw a smart trailer when we stayed on the Sandringham site at the new year and was very impressed with the ease of driving up the ramps on to the trailer which is barely any bigger than the car... Just the cost difference really.

The Fiat will be MrsCC runaround and work car, but it was also chosen on the basis that it could be used as a tow car should we ever want to... content

We looked at many other options..... Citroen C1, Peugeot 107, Toyota iQ, VW Up, Renault Twingo, all fairly cheap from new but the Fiat 500 was just a much better car in terms of build quality, drivability and style.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rockair8 Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi CC
I have just sold my Fiat 500 1.2 lounge having had it for 11 months with 7000 miles on the clock, am sure Mrs CC will love it.
Over 7000 miles it averaged 48mpg proberbly would do more with ECO button pressed but absolutley no go in it but it certainly improved the
steering in town and for parking. Have exchanged it for an Abarth 500 a lot more poke but will cost more to run. allthumbz

Ps as latest ad dont think it will drive under water.

Enjoy John
rockair8

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsCC Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Thank you all for your comments courtesy , I love reading your responses read . CC has been so patient with me going on and on and on about the "little beauty" he really is celebrate1 . Well here is the "little beauty"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Its makes me smile every time I think or look at it, its nippy and great fun to drive. hulahoop-girl

MrsCC

Female

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Fiat have certainly done a good job recreating the 500. When you look at some other attempts such as VW with the "new" Beetle, which was not a patch on the original.

We owned the (slightly) bigger brother to the original - a 600D - and it was great fun. It even had "cruise control" (a cable that you pulled out and twisted to lock the accelerator in position!). I went on my first ever "independent" camping trip in that...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by shelldrake Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Thought about towing but decided against it. Its cheap to hire a car here in Spain (E 30 per week from Alicanti Airport)for example so instead off forking out a lot of money for a towbar etc we will hire in future. So far haven't needed to as we enjoy walking with the dog and IF we need shopping we move the van about once every week or so. If I was to make a choice I'd choose a trailer
shelldrake
shelldrake

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:38 am

rockair8 wrote:Hi CC
I have just sold my Fiat 500 1.2 lounge having had it for 11 months with 7000 miles on the clock, am sure Mrs CC will love it.
Over 7000 miles it averaged 48mpg proberbly would do more with ECO button pressed but absolutley no go in it but it certainly improved the
steering in town and for parking. Have exchanged it for an Abarth 500 a lot more poke but will cost more to run. allthumbz

Ps as latest ad dont think it will drive under water.

Enjoy John

Hi John....

Really envious of you after looking at the Abarth 500 in the showroom (especially considering the 20k+ price tag!

Think I'll have to start saving piggybank hugegrins

Was interested to read that Ferrari purchased a fleet of these in Ferrari red with fully tuned engines which they use as courtesy cars when clients bring their Ferrari's in for servicing...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum