The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheap motorhome heaters

+9
plattypus
deckie
murph
Paulmold
alanlakes
ssjohnl
dandywarhol
squip
CC
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cheap motorhome heaters - Page 2 Empty Incorrect info on CPC website

Post by boxerman Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 pm

After reading this thread, I decided to get one of these small oil filled heaters.
I looked on the CPC site and chose this one:
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/cype-7-black/700w-mini-oil-filled-radiator-black/dp/HG00573?Ntt=HG00573
When I got it back to the van, I noticed that it only had one heat setting, not three so I took it back. apparently it's a mistake on the website. They gave me a refund and I bought this one:
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/cyq-5-black/700w-oval-shape-mini-oil-filled/dp/HG00574?Ntt=HG00574
but for some reason I was only charged £16:19 - 55p less than the other one and £3:91 less than the website price.

CPC is only up the road from me and I could pop in and collect it, so returning it was not a problem. For someone living further afield ordering over the internet it would not be so easy.

Just a word to the wise.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Cheap motorhome heaters - Page 2 Empty Re: Cheap motorhome heaters

Post by whisky Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi All.

Got an identical one last year from B&Q warehouse it was £19-99. In the winter when the van is stood I put mine in the middle of the van. Have it on a timer and set to low. Keeps everything nice and aired.

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Cheap motorhome heaters - Page 2 Empty Re Cheap motorhome heaters

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:53 pm

whisky wrote:Hi All.

Got an identical one last year from B&Q warehouse it was £19-99. In the winter when the van is stood I put mine in the middle of the van. Have it on a timer and set to low. Keeps everything nice and aired.

Cheers. Whisky. champagne

Hi All
I have a Tesco 1500 kw oil fitted rad, purchased from their last Direct sale, I have it running on very cold nights, connected via the electric hookup, my wee car is parked parallel to the van. to keep any would be tea leafs from nicking the cable or cat.
Lets hope the frosts have finished for the winter.
Boaby cold
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2