The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Login Popup Screen

+2
squip
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Login Popup Screen Empty Login Popup Screen

Post by Admin Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am

We have taken the decision to introduce a "login Popup Screen" to encourage more guests to join our community.

Login Popup Screen LoginPopup

While we appreciate this may be an annoyance to a few of our members, hopefully it will have a positive effect and encourage a few of the many guests now viewing the forum on a daily basis to join us!

Our current members can now use this pop up screen to log in, or otherwise simply click on "Do not display again" to close the window. (You should only see this screen when you first visit the forum)

As some of you may have noticed we have recently restricted several areas of the forum to members only. We hope that by introducing these changes along with this pop up message, it will encourage a few reluctant guests to join up and participate in our community.

Similar systems are used by other forums and hopefully this new feature won't annoy you all too much smile!

Admin.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Login Popup Screen Empty Re: Login Popup Screen

Post by squip Tue May 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Yes this is a good idea and may well encourage visitors to join us. I've noticed that sometimes there are as many guests on line as members so there is some interest out there.
squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by plattypus Tue May 17, 2011 4:05 pm

Very good idea Admin up!

As you say other forums and web sites have similar pop ups, it's no prob. to me anyway
plattypus
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Groper Tue May 17, 2011 5:24 pm

Good idea
allthumbz
No problem to me
Groper
Groper

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Executive

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

squip wrote:I've noticed that sometimes there are as many guests on line as members

We have wondered if some of these "Guests" are even members who are not logged in maybe?
But you are right Squip, certainly getting a few more guests than we used to in the "Old Days" hugegrins

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue May 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Of course if you used a decent browser that kept you logged in, it wouldn't be an annoyance, if you are still using what was installed in your Windows installation have a look at Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome which are much better at remembering these things. For MAC users you dont have the problem as Safari is quite good at remembering passwords.

ASOF is now at a stage where people will lurch/browse out of curiosity. I know some of the people I have given cards out too have had a nosey but not yet signed up - with luck this will act as a memory jogger
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down