The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhome Show, Season Finale 21-23 Sept

5 posters

Go down

Motorhome Show, Season Finale 21-23 Sept  Empty Motorhome Show, Season Finale 21-23 Sept

Post by CC Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Motorhome Show, Season Finale on 21 September 2012 to 23 September 2012 @ Lincoln Showground

We managed to get a pitch at short notice, on what appears to be a nice CL in Lincoln for the weekend in order to visit the show.... left it too late to get a pitch at the showground due to being away.

Hopefully the weather wont be as bad as the forecast I saw this morning suggests twiddle_thumbs please not another washout like P'boro hugegrins

Anyone else going ?

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Show, Season Finale 21-23 Sept  Empty Re: Motorhome Show, Season Finale 21-23 Sept

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 pm

We've just got in before the gates shut after dreadful journey.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Motorhome Show, Season Finale 21-23 Sept  Empty Re: Motorhome Show, Season Finale 21-23 Sept

Post by CC Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Saturday was a very hot and sunny day....

Didn't see any bargains mind.... I can buy pretty much most of the items on the stalls in a nearby camping shop cheaper shrugg So much for "Show prices" rolleyes We did manage to find a nice LCD clock that illuminates during the night which we have been after for sometime, it sits nicely on our overcab shelf so we can glance up and see the time during the night without having to put the light on, a stall there had a huge range of clocks at reasonable prices.

What's with the food at these venues.... is there nothing else to eat except Bacon rolls, Burgers, Pastys, Chips & more chips!!!!! Why cant they have a van selling freshly made baguettes or rolls with different fillings??

Plenty of desperate looking salesmen lurking around towards mid afternoon.... Thought some of the vans (most) were also highly priced considering the time of year scratch head Couple of Nuevo's older than ours and considerably higher mileage 2-4k more than what we paid for ours almost a year ago!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm

I thought the show was not up to usual standard with several regular stalls missing. Talking to one (Star Spangled Banner) he said he wouldn't be going again. He trades on-line and finds that the shows don't actually bring him any more business as most customers that stop at his stall are already his customers off the internet and when he returns home it takes him a week to catch up with emails and mail-orders that he missed while at the show. Also the cost of stall pitch fees makes it uneconomical. One MH dealer put on their website that they were not attending and passing on the saving from the pitch fee to customers through special offers for two weeks after the show - the pitch fee was £20,000. No wonder there are no real 'show offers'. Despite that I thought the selection of models to view was good with a fair few AS's to look at.
Yes I agree with the comments about the food choices and the prices (£2.50 for a tray of chips) was up to the usual rip-off standard. Except that is for the Carvery lunches served in the Epic centre - £8.50 for 2 courses and the quality and quantity was pretty good.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Blimey 20k for a pitch, never realised they paid as much as that Paul... I thought maybe a few hundred quid, Warners must be on to a good thing Whistle1

I agree there was a good selection of Auto-Sleepers on show, did anyone notice the Sigma that was almost touching the ground at the rear? quick look around the back showed a massive heavy duty tow bar.... nearly tripped over the habitation door step it was so close to the ground, definitely in need of some air rides that one! hugegrins

We saw a Broadway Duo with an end lounge layout, cabinet in the center which really changed our opinion of an end lounge model, we both really liked it but still prefer the shape of the earlier Broadway with the same GRP skirts as fitted to our Nuevo compared to the newer slimline models Auto-Sleeper now seem to be going over to.... Have to say after looking at the Bailey Approach inside for the first time, I didn't feel the finish of the fittings or furnishings was anywhere near in the same league as Auto-Sleepers, bit underwhelming in comparison I thought and explains why they are so much cheaper.

Is that it for the 2012 shows now? Intended going to a few but most seemed to clash with our trips away this year.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:18 pm

First time in years we didnt go to Lincoln but we have been away for five weeks.

After this years Peterborough and Knutsford Mudbaths it is unlikely we shall be doing outdoor shows in future sticking with the Oct NEC and the new (in 2012) Manchester Show at Trafford Park.

Talking to a few traders I think there will be a few missing next year at the outdoor shows that charge high for pitches with the unpredictable weather
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 pm

CruizingComet wrote:We did manage to find a nice LCD clock that illuminates during the night which we have been after for sometime, it sits nicely on our overcab shelf so we can glance up and see the time during the night without having to put the light on, a stall there had a huge range of clocks at reasonable prices.

I'd be most interested to hear more info on the clock - something I've been after too but not seen anything decent.

Thanks!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:19 pm

-mojo- wrote:
CruizingComet wrote:We did manage to find a nice LCD clock that illuminates during the night which we have been after for sometime, it sits nicely on our overcab shelf so we can glance up and see the time during the night without having to put the light on, a stall there had a huge range of clocks at reasonable prices.

I'd be most interested to hear more info on the clock - something I've been after too but not seen anything decent.

Thanks!

Hi mojo

Don't know if it's suitable for you, but you can get the same clock we purchased on Amazon.... their returns service is excellent so if it doesn't suit your needs you could always return it? It may be too big for you but in our Nuevo it's an ideal size as we have an overcab shelf it sits on. The display has a light sensor so only illuminates when it's dark, it lights up orange and is not that bright so does not disturb your sleep if you like a dark sleeping environment as I do sleep on pillow

here is a link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acctim-Gamma-Smartlite-Jumbo-Display/dp/B002JP3FVK/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_i

If the clock is too large for you they do have much smaller models that illuminate

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Thanks very much for that.

Now I know what to look for I see they do several models with the Smartlight feature, so I'll have to a bit more research...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivory55 Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:10 pm

hi when at the show on saturday i think the busiest stall was daisys t room, and at £10 for a cream t for 2 they must have coined it in there was always a queue there. ivory55
Ivory55
Ivory55

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Yes it looked busy, we were tempted but didn't think the scones were big enough to warrant the £10 charge though.... (best cream teas in the country in my experience have to be Cockington in Devon) it looked very posh with all the china cups and old time theme.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down